From Texas Instruments Wiki
This wiki is open and can be edited by all!
More information available @ www.ti.com/launchpad
C2000 LaunchPad Versions
There are currently two C2000 Piccolo LaunchPads
The original Piccolo LaunchPad with TMS320F28027PTT, with support through controlSUITE
This LaunchPad is IDENTICAL to the regular F28027 LaunchPad with the following exceptions
- 27F uses the now standard FEMALE headers on the bottom side J1/2 J5/6 connectors
- 27F includes the 27F silicon, which includes some InstaSPIN-FOC components in ROM and EXCLUDES some of the standard ROM components from 27 silicon
- For example, with 27F the IQMath tables are no longer in ROM, so the IQMath library must be added to any project which requires that functionality
- C2000 Piccolo F28027F MCU with InstaSPIN™-FOC
- Built in isolated XDS100v2 JTAG Emulator enables real-time in-system programming and debugging via USB
- CPU reset button and programmable push button
- Free version (must use XDS100 emulation) of Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE) v5 (recommend v5.5+ and compiler 6.2.3)
- Free download of MotorWare™ with drivers, modules, and InstaSPIN-FOC projects that work with various BoosterPacks
C2000 LaunchPad (LAUNCHXL-F28027) Resources
Note that most tutorials below are based on Code Composer Studio unless otherwise noted.
- Getting Started: First Steps with the C2000 LaunchPad
- LaunchPad Un-boxing Take a peek inside the box
- Project 0 Getting started with CCS, controlSUITE, and the temperature sensor demo application
- Project 1 Getting started with the LED BoosterPack by running the PC GUI and Capacitive Touch controlled LED lighting demo
- Using Resource Explorer Learn the basics of TI's Resource Explorer within CCSv5
- Reading C2000 documentation An introduction to the C2000 User's Guide and Datasheets
- How to import code examples & projects into CCS Here's how to import existing projects into CCSv5
- Community BoosterPacks
- Lar's Graphical LCD Display graphics and text on an LCD using Lar's LCD and the C2000 LaunchPad
- First Look at C2000 Code Get a first look at the coding style and driver library associated with this LaunchPad
- Coding Basics Learn the basics of how to use the driver library
- Code Skeleton A good starting point for any C2000 LaunchPad Application
- Assembly only PWM Looking to get down and dirty with the core? Try this assembly only PWM project
- Basic Input/Output
- Simple Blinking LED Learn how to blink an LED with the C2000 LaunchPad
- Clocking System
- Clocking Basics Learn how clocking inside the F2802x Piccolo device works
- Serial Communication
- SCI (UART) Basics How to get SCI-A setup for communications
- Low Power Modes
- C2000 LaunchPad on Linux How to get the C2000 LaunchPad working in Fedora 17
Have a tutorial of your own? Add it to the list above!
If you are new to Wikis you may want to do some reading to understand what you need to do, this wiki article gives a good starting point for understanding syntax and ways of doing things. Essentially you will need to take a few simple steps:
- Register and log in on the TI Processors Wiki.
- Create a new page for your design.
- Copy the provided template page into your new page, this can be done easily by selecting the edit tab on the template page and copying (CTRL-C) the wiki text out of it and pasting (CTRL-V) it into your new page's edit page. It may be easier to "copy and paste" when not in "Rich editor" mode.
- Modify the template to fit your content.
- Edit this page to add a link to your design on the list above.
Or, simply link directly to where your tutorial is hosted! Whether it's an external site, or your own personal blog.
Code Examples and Drivers for each C2000 Peripheral within controlSUITE
C2000 Code examples, drivers, libraries, and support software. These code examples are available in C. Code examples are available for each integrated peripheral inside the microcontroller, including timers, ADC, serial communication & more. In addition to examples, controlSUITE contains drivers for each of the peripherals as well as application centric libraries for things like digital motor control, digital power conversion, and discrete math.
Miscellaneous collection of Code Examples from online community
Links to community-generated projects
C2000 LaunchPad (LAUNCHXL-F28027F) Resources
While the standard LaunchPad examples and projects will run on this version, the main purpose of this LaunchPad is to support InstaSPIN-FOC, which is enabled by the special MCU version (27F) that has motor control software libraries in on-chip ROM.
Drivers, Motor Control Modules, and InstaSPIN-FOC Projects
- All motor control application software support is provided through MotorWare
- After installing the latest version of MotorWare, run MotorWare.exe from the installation directory to browse the content
- There are 11+ InstaSPIN-FOC projects that run on the LAUNCHXL-F28027F paired with BOOSTXL-DRV8301
- A GUI is provided to more easily instrument the projects
- Read the following documentation
- .....Resources: LaunchPad docments
- .....Resources: BoosterPack documents
- .....InstaSPIN-FOC: Piccolo F2802x: GUI documents
- .....Resources: InstaSPIN Projects and Labs User's Guide
- There is a series of LaunchPad + BoosterPack training videos in the InstaSPIN Video Player
- Ask questions and get support on the InstaSPIN e2e Forum
The BOOSTXL-DRV8301 is 10A, 3-phase brushless DC drive stage based on the DRV8301 pre-driver and CSD18533Q5A NextFET™ power MOSFET. The module has 3x low side current sense amps (2 internal to DRV8301, 1 external). The module also has a 1.5A step down buck converter, is fully protected with short circuit, thermal, and shoot-through protection, and is easily configured via a SPI interface. This boosterpack is ideal for those wishing to learn about sensorless brushless control techniques and drive stage design. This kit was designed to work with any LaunchPad XL, with primary software support through the LAUNCHXL-F28027F using MotorWare to support the InstaSPIN™-FOC sensorless control solution.
- 6 to 24V supply input
- Supports up to 14A peak, 10A continuous current output
- Supports voltage and current feedback for InstaSPIN-FOC sensorless control solution
- Complete brushless DC drive stage in ultra small form factor (2.2” x 2.3”)
- 3x low side current sense amps, 6x Power FETs (< 6.5mΩ) & 1.5A step down buck converter
- Drive stage is fully protected including short circuit, thermal, shoot-through, and under voltage protection.
- Free download of MotorWare™ with drivers, modules, and InstaSPIN-FOC projects that work with the Piccolo LAUNCHXL-F28027F LaunchPad