C2000 Multi-Day Workshop
The C2000™ Microcontroller 3-Day Workshop will decrease the learning curve from months to days, reduce development time, and accelerate product time to market! The workshop is perfect for both the beginner and advanced users. Based on TI’s latest F28x7x devices, this workshop combines many of the common features and peripherals found on the Piccolo™ and Delfino™ families, making it ideal for anyone interested in learning about the C2000 MCU family of devices.
Gain a full understanding and complete working knowledge of the C2000 microcontroller. This will be accomplished by detailed class lectures and hands-on lab exercises. The class starts with the basic topics and progresses to more advanced topics in a logical flow, such that each topic and lab exercise builds on the previous one presented.
The workshop steps the user through system initialization, peripheral setup and programming an application into flash memory using the Code Composer Studio on-chip Flash programmer. Topics also included are ADC, DAC, ePWM, eCAP, DMA, CLA, and Inter-Processor Communications. The lab exercises are performed using the F28379D LaunchPad Development Kit. At the end of the workshop, you will be confident in applying the skills learned to your product design.
- Architecture Overview
- Programming Development Environment <Lab: Linker command file>
- Peripheral Register Header Files
- Reset and Interrupts
- System Initialization <Lab: Watchdog and interrupts>
- Analog Subsystem <Lab: Build a data acquisition system>
- Control Peripherals <Lab: Generate and graph a PWM waveform>
- Direct Memory Access (DMA) <Lab: Use DMA to buffer ADC results>
- Control Law Accelerator (CLA) <Lab: Use CLA to filter PWM waveform>
- System Design <Lab: Run the code from flash memory>
- Dual-Core Inter-Processor Communications (IPC) <Lab: Transfer data using IPC>
- Support Resources
Attend a Live Workshop
Please contact your local Texas Instruments representative.
Running The Labs
In order to run the labs, you will need:
- PC running Windows 7 or greater
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- F28379D LaunchPad (product number: LAUNCHXL-F28379D)
- Code Composer Studio v7.3.0
- Jumper wire (not included with the F28379D LaunchPad)
NOTE: Your CCS installation must include the following options in each category: • Processor Support – select “C2000 32-bit Real-time MCUs” • Select Emulators – choose “XDS100 Class Emulator Support”
Workshop Materials - Revision 2.0
- Microcontroller Multi-Day Workshop Installer This installs the lab files, solution files, and workshop manual into the c:/28x folder on your PC. (**NOTE: the downloaded file should be “F2837xD Microcontroller Workshop-2.0-Setup.exe” – if the “.exe” is missing then rename the file to include the extension).
- F2837xD Microcontroller Workshop Manual (pdf file)
- Lab Files (zip file)
- Solution Files (zip file)
- PowerPoint Slides (zip file)