C2000 One-Day Workshop
The C2000™ One-Day Workshop is a hands-on technical course facilitated by qualified Texas Instruments' instructors. Providing the optimal solution for high performance control, the F2837xD features a dual-core microcontroller with integrated analog subsystems and communications interfaces into a single device. This workshop steps the user through an architectural overview, the programming development environment, system initialization, the analog subsystem, control peripherals, and inter-processor communications (IPC).
Each lab exercise builds on the previous lab exercise, running a common application theme throughout the workshop. The lab exercises are performed using the F28379D LaunchPad development kit. This kit provides access to many of the F28379D device signals and peripherals. Functionality of the LaunchPad can be expanded using BoosterPack plug-in modules. BoosterPack plug-in modules are an ecosystem of plug-in boards that enable further application development. The LaunchPad features on-board USB JTAG emulation, which is fully powered from the USB connection and does not require an external power supply.
- Workshop Introduction
- Architectural Overview
- Programming Development Environment <Lab: Using Code Composer Studio with the F2837xD>
- Reset, Interrupts and System Initialization
- Analog Subsystem <Lab: Configuring the ADC as a data acquisition system>
- Control Peripherals <Lab: Generating a PWM waveform>
- Inter-Processor Communications (IPC) <Lab: Data transfer using Inter-Processor Communications>
- Support Resources
Attend a Live Workshop
Please contact your local Texas Instruments representative.
On-Line Version of this Workshop
You can view the on-line version of this workshop here: C2000 On-Line One-Day Workshop
Running The Labs
In order to run the labs, you will need:
- PC running Windows 7 or greater
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- F28379D LaunchPad (product number: LAUNCHXL-F28379D)
- Code Composer Studio v6.2.0
- Two (2) jumper wires (not included with the F28379D LaunchPad)
NOTE: Your CCS installation must include the following options in each category: • Processor Support – select “C2000 32-bit Real-time MCUs” • Select Emulators – choose “XDS100 Class Emulator Support”
Workshop Materials - Revision 2.0
- C2000 MCU 1-Day Workshop Installer This installs the lab files, solution files, and workshop manual into the c:/F2837xD folder on your PC. (**NOTE: the downloaded file should be “C2000 MCU 1-Day Workshop-2.0-Setup.exe” – if the “.exe” is missing then rename the file to include the extension).
- C2000 MCU 1-Day Workshop Manual (pdf file)
- Lab Files (zip file)
- Solution Files (zip file)
- PowerPoint Slides (zip file)