Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
C6x Code Generation Tools v6.1
Code Generation Tools v6.1 is now available (1Q08) for the C6000 family.
This presentation provides a detailed technical overview of all the new v6.1 features release_610_overview_public.pdf
New Features in this release include:
- Profile directed optimization
- Compiler based Code Coverage Analysis
- New COFF Linker
- Support for the C674x ISA
- New C++ template library support in the RTS library
- Function entry/exit hooks
- Improvements to conditional linking of compiled C/C++ code
- Addition of the FUNC_ALWAYS_INLINE pragma
- Improved support for "restrict" qualifier
- Call-site based inlining
- Structure access optimizations
- GCC Language extensions
- SIMD optimizations
- -mf compiler option for controlling code size.