Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
CC3100 SLS XMPP Reference Application
Overview and application details
This sample application demonstrates how to connect and work with XMPP server using CC31xx. It receives/sends an XMPP messages from/to the server.
For information on how to use Visual-Studio or Eclipse to compile and run this application, refer to cc3100_getting_started_guide_swru375 in '<cc3100/>docs' folder.
By default, this application communicates w/ CC3100 over SPI. The SDK has UART-Drivers as well for 'SimpleLink Studio' platform. For using the UART interface to communicate w/ CC3100, macro SL_IF_TYPE_UART has to be defined in the application-project's properties. Also, COMM_PORT_NUM in main.c needs to be changed to the first com-port that gets enumerated for 'J6' of 'CC31xxEMUBOOST Brd'. In case four ports are getting enumerated, user should use the third com-port.
Note: This wiki page is only applicable for CC3100-SDK v1.0.0 and upward releases. For documentation on older SDKs' examples, refer corresponding file in <cc3100-sdk-installation-location>\cc3100-sdk\docs\examples\
Source Files briefly explained
- main - Initializes the device, connects to an access-point and configures the email
- xmpp - Wrapper functions to configure/connect to XMPP-Server and send/receive chat-messages. These functions are called from main
- base64 - Functions to convert the raw bytes in quasi-big-endian order to Base64 string
- Open config.h and change values for XMPP_USER and XMPP_PWD for setting up the xmpp account credentials.
- Log-in your 'gtalk' account and add configured xmpp account to your friends list
- Build the application using Visual-Studio or Eclipse. Download and execute it on the target device
- User will be prompted to configure the AP parameters for establishing a Wi-Fi connection - Follow the instructions on the console to test the application
- Once the connection is established successfully, wait for 'email@example.com' to appear ONLINE in your friends' list
- When ONLINE, send messages to CC3100. The device shall receive and relay the messages back to the sender
- On success, below message will be displayed on the console
- The size of the message is currently limited to 48
- Since example doesn't implement a complete XMPP stack:
- Retreiving the full friend roster isn't supported
- Checking the remote friend status (online, offline) before sending him a message is not supported