Overview and application details
This is a sample application demonstrating how to connect and work with XMPP server using CC3100. It receives/sends an XMPP messages from/to the server.
Note: This wiki page is only applicable for CC3100-SDK v1.0.0 and upward releases. For documentation on older SDKs' examples, refer corresponding file in <cc3100-sdk-installation-location>\cc3100-sdk\docs\examples\
| Warning: The service used by this example, Google Chat, has been phased out. This example no longer works as-is.
Source Files briefly explained
- main - Initializes the device, connects to an access-point and configures the email
- xmpp - Wrapper functions to configure/connect to XMPP-Server and send/receive chat-messages. These functions are called from main
- base64 - Functions to convert the raw bytes in quasi-big-endian order to Base64 string
Prerequisite: This application requires an access-point with internet connectivity
- Connect the board to a Windows-PC and configure the terminal-program for seeing the logs - [| CC31xx_&_CC32xx_Terminal_Setting_Wiki] has detailed instructions for configuring the terminal-program
- Open sl_common.h and change SSID_NAME, SEC_TYPE and PASSKEY as per your access-point properties - SimpleLink device will connect to this AP when the application is executed
- Open config.h and change values for XMPP_USER and XMPP_PWD for setting up the xmpp account credentials.
- Log-in your 'gtalk' account and add configured xmpp account to your friends list
- Build the application. Download and execute it on the target device
- Once the connection is established successfully, wait for configured account to appear ONLINE in your friends' list
- When ONLINE, send messages to CC3100. The device shall receive and relay the messages back to the sender
- See the self explanatory logs on the terminal-program's console. On success, below message will be displayed on the terminal
- The size of the message is currently limited to 48
- Since example doesn't implement a complete XMPP stack:
- Retreiving the full friend roster isn't supported
- Checking the remote friend status (online, offline) before sending him a message is not supported