Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
CC3200 FreeRTOS Application
FreeRTOS is an opensource RealTime Operating system. Its implements only a very minimalist set of functions: very basic handle of tasks and memory management, and nothing is provided for network communication, drivers for external hardware, or access to a filesystem. However, among its features are the following characteristics:
- Preemptive tasks
- Small footprint
- Written in C and compiled with various C compiler
- Unlimited number of tasks can run at the same time
- Implements queues, binary and counting semaphores and mutexes.
- Inter Task communication is accomplished using queues.
The objective of this application is to showcasing the FreeRTOS feature like Multiple task creation, Inter task communication using queues. Two tasks and one queue is created. one of the task sends a constant message into the queue and the other task receives the same from the queue. after receiving every message, it displays that message over UART.
Source Files briefly explained
- main - Main file that showcases the two tasks communicating with each other using a queue.
- pinmux - Pinmux configurations as required by the application.
- uart_if - To display status information over the UART.
- Setup a serial communication application (HyperTerminal/TeraTerm). For detail info visit Terminal setup
On the host PC. The settings are:
- Port: Enumerated COM port
- Baud rate: 115200
- Data: 8 bit
- Parity: None
- Stop: 1 bit
- Flow control: None
- Run the reference application (Flashing the bin/IAR/CCS).
- Observe the status messages displayed by second task on the host over COM port.
- Snapshot of terminal when application runs on device: