Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
CC3200 UART Demo Application
The Device has hardware support for UART funcationality. It has various standard features including programmable baud rate, separate Transmit and Receive FIFO, fully proigrammable serial interface characteristics.
The objective of this application is to showcase the use of UART. The use case includes getting input from the user and display information on the terminal. This example take a string as input and display the same when enter is received.
Source Files briefly explained
- pinmux - Pinmux configurations as required by the application.
- main- display banner, receieve input and echoes back the input.
- startup_ccs.c – CCS specific vector table implementation for interrupts.
- startup_ewarm.c – IAR workbench specific vector table implementation for interrupts.
- uart_logger - APIs to display information over the UART.
- Setup a serial communication application (HyperTerminal/TeraTerm). For detail info visit Terminal setup
On the host PC. The settings are:
- Port: Enumerated COM port
- Baud rate: 115200
- Data: 8 bit
- Parity: None
- Stop: 1 bit
- Flow control: None
- Run the reference application (Flashing the bin/IAR/CCS).
- Observe the status messages on the host over serial port to understand the sequence of operations performed by the application.
- Terminal snapshot when application runs on device: