Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
CC3200 Wi-Fi Audio Application
This example demonstrates ‘Bi-directional Audio Streaming and Playback’ on CC3200 LaunchPad setup. The Setup comprises of two LPs (in STA mode) acting as both Audio source and sink. The Source gets audio input from Onboard MIC, MIC IN or LineIn Input on Audio BP. Audio is transmitted over wifi from source to sink. The Launchpad receives and plays the audio data on Line Out of Audio BP.
Note: By default the application runs in loopback mode until a connection is established between the two Launchpads
- 2x CC3200-LAUNCHXL 3.2 or above
- 2x CC3200AUDBOOST
- 2x Headphones/Speakers
- 2x Audio Sources
- Android/iOS Device (For Smart Config)
ECOs and Jumper settings
- Ensure J2 and J3 jumpers are connected on the launchpad.
- CC3200 wifi audio app binary
- Latest CC3200 SDK Firmware Package
- Uniflash Tool
- Smart Config Application
Setup CC3200 Launchpad
Choose one of the modes and follow the steps
- Debug Mode
- Connect 2 CC3200 Launch Pad to 2 different machines running IAR/CCS using USB cable
- Open the Project as mentioned in '<cc3200-sdk>\docs\CC3200-Getting Started Guide.pdf'
- Ensure SOP-2 Jumper is connected
- Functional Mode
- Flash the binary file available in <cc3200-sdk>\example\wifi_audio_app\ewarm\UniCast\Exe folder using UniFlash. Refer to Detailed instructions at Uniflash User Guide.
- Repeat above step for second Launch Pad
- Ensure SOP-2 Jumper is removed after flashing
1. Jumpers J2 and J3 should be Mounted as shown in below picture
2. Mount 'Audio Codec Booster Pack' on 'CC3200 LaunchPad' as shown below. Ensure 'J1 & J2' of the booster-pack are aligned with 'P1-P3 & P4-P2' of CC3200-LaunchPad
3. The different connectors in the Audio Booster Pack are detailed below. For Bi-directional audio player
Connect headphone or speaker on J4 of 'Audio Codec Booster Pack' J3 on Audio Codec BP can be used for LINE -IN
Alternatively, Onboard MIC (U6) or Mono-Jack (J5) of 'Audio Codec Booster Pack' can be used for MIC-IN and U4, U5 can be used to connect speakers(Left & Right).
Launch SmartConfig Application
- Choose an AP that you want to configure on CC32XX Device
- Connect your Android/iOS device to this AP
- Launch the SmartConfig Application
Running Bi-directional Audio Demo
Once the Audio-BP and LaunchPad connections are intact, Run the Reference Application. Based on mode selected, follow the steps
- Debug Mode
- Build and download the application to the board as mentioned in '<cc3200-sdk>\docs\CC3200-Getting Started Guide.pdf'
- Repeat above steps for second Launchpad
- Functional Mode
- Press Reset (SW1) Button on both the Launchpads
- The device will try to connect to one of the saved AP profiles. In case there is none or the device is not able to connect to any of the the saved profiles, one can use SmartConfig for connecting the device to the AP. Smartconfig Application will show the notification about the successful connection.
- By default the application will come up in Loopback mode(Mic-in to Audio-out) while actively scanning for another similar device.
- In Audio Streaming mode, the following switches (on Launchpad) invokes microphone and speaker on/off actions.
- SW3 - Microphone
- SW2 - Speaker
- Ensure Line-IN and Line-OUT points are connected appropriately on both the launch pads.
- Upon successful connection to AP, press SW2 on LP1. Red LED will switch off on LP1.
- Once LP1 connects to LP2, the red LED on LP2 will switch off.
- Now press SW2 on LP2 and SW3 on LP1. Red LED will switch on LP2.
The switch press can be used to handle MIC and Speaker ON/OFF actions. The below picture shows the bidirectional audio with appropriate connections.