From Texas Instruments Wiki
This listing is not considered to be complete or accurate. Please handle with care!
- state of the art PC environment
- Windows XP x86 compatible operating system
- 1-2 GB RAM
- 500-2 GB free hard disc space, depending on installation opitons
- high-speed internet connection at least recommended for instant registration and update
- install CCS - its highly recomended to install it at C:\CCStudio_v3.3 since some installers/toolings still rely on exactly this fixed location
- during installation, you will be asked to select between ActivePerl version 5.6 or 5.8. This does not install ActivePerl but only the supporting CCScripting Perl library. Note that it is not necessary to have an installation of ActivePerl to use CCS. It is only needed if you plan on using Perl with CCScripting
- run CCS for a single time now, e.g. use some simulator
- register your installation at TI using your TI account (registration might differ if an EVM version of CCS is used for the install)
- get any offered updates, at least the Service Packs, DSP-Bios, CGT, CSL, BSP, extended driver and similar
- install the downloaded updates
- get the latest drivers and documentation for your JTAG interface from it's vendors homepage (some vendors might require you to register or even send a request for a decryption password for every updated drivers archive)
- install the drivers for your JTAG interface
Please be aware that the built in documentation of CCS is at the state of the CD manufacturing. As TI is permanently working in improving and extending those documents, please have a look on the TI website for the very latest version. This is pretty true for the DSP/BIOS references. So please check for the related SPRU documents first before using them.
To support new devices, you may be required to update CCStudio v3.3 with a service release (SR). You can do this in one of two ways.
- Use the CCStudio Update advisor from the CCStudio IDE (Help->Check For Updates)
- Go to the Service Release page https://www-a.ti.com/downloads/sds_support/CCSv3.3ServiceReleases.htm (requires my.TI login)
Third Party Emulation Drivers
Similar to updating CCStudio with a SR to support a new device, you may also need to update your 3rd party emulation drivers to obtain the new device imports.
- Blackhawk - http://www.blackhawk-dsp.com
- See our new BHCheck33 utility for CCStudio v3.3 that can detect your revision level of CCStudio installed, including Service Release, and recommend the Blackhawk drivers you need. This is a free download on our CCS v3.3 driver page.
- Spectrum Digital - http://www.spectrumdigital.com
- What's New in Code Composer Studio Development Tools v 3.3 (TI application report)