CCSv4 Symbol Browser
This topic shows customers how to use the Symbol Browser in Code Composer Studio v4.
The Symbol browser shows information about static symbols i.e.
- Files - the list of Files in the active project
- Functions - the procedures/functions in the active project
- Globals - global symbols
- Types - list of basic & aggregate types used
- Labels - the DWARF debug representation of much of the above
You can match up the addresses shown with the Debug\*.map file.
How to access the Symbol Browser?
In the CCSv4 Debug perspective click on View -> Other -> Debug -> Modules.
- Code_Generation_Tools_XML_Processing_Scripts_Plug-in_for_CCS - Scripts to perform analysis on your executable (and library) object files.
- Find_Static_Functions_and_Variables - tips to get more debug info on static functions and variables