Category:Code Composer Studio v6
For other versions of Code Composer Studio go here.
Code Composer Studio v6 is based on Eclipse 4.x, which is a major upgrade from Eclipse 3.x used in CCSv5.x. CCSv6.0.x is based on Kepler (4.3) and CCSv6.1.x is based on Luna (4.4), with the exception of CCSv6.1.3, which is based on Mars (4.5). For a summary of the key changes from CCSv5, see below in the What's new in CCSv6 section.
What's new in CCSv6
Code Composer Studio v6 is a major release and thus includes many new features and enhancements. The CCSv6 Changes topic highlights many of these changes.
The Getting Started Guides are an excellent way for a new user to get familiar with the basics of the CCS environment. The main goal is to get a new user running on CCS as quickly as possible
- CCSv6 Quick Start Guide: PDF copy of the CCSv6 Quick Start Guide booklet that ships with the physical CCSv6 DVD. Covers briefly, steps on installing and running CCSv6 for the first time, how to activate the product, create/build your first project and debug it.
- CCSv6 Getting Started Guide. This guide covers all the basic startup steps, starting from downloading up to running CCS v6 for the first time.
- CCSv6 Getting Started (Video): This video demo below goes through a basic project creation/debug example using CCSv6:
- CCS Fundamentals Workshops are also excellent resources for getting started with CCS for a particular target.
The CCSv6 Training page is the best place to look for training collateral specific to CCS.
If you are looking for more information on TI-RTOS Kernel (SYS/BIOS), then the TI-RTOS Kernel workshop is appropriate. It starts with an introduction to TI-RTOS and the TI-RTOS Kernel and then shows how to use them within CCS.
Please use the following resources for support:
- TI E2E Community
- Code Composer Studio Forum
- Remember to Tag your questions with ccs_v6.
- Code Composer Studio Forum
Update Status: This release will NOT be available as an update
The above buttons will take you to a form that once complete will download a small installation program. A MyTi login is required to fill out the form, if you don't have one there will be an option to create one. This installation program will allow you to select the features of CCS that you want to install and then will download and install just those items. Full zip images 'are available if you have issues with the web installer.' Previous versions are also available. After you have completed installation and run CCS for the first time it generate a free license that works with XDS100, development boards with onboard debug or for MSP430 users a 16KB code size limited license is generated. For more information on CCS licenses please see Licensing - CCS. Please see the Linux Host Support CCSv6 page for device support information.
DEPRECATION NOTICE: the 32-bit version of Code Composer Studio for Linux will be discontinued in favor of a 64-bit version with the introduction of Code Composer Studio v6.2.0 in 1H16. Please plan the migration accordingly. The Windows version will remain 32-bit at that time.
DEPRECATION NOTICE: the 32-bit version of Code Composer Studio for Windows will be discontinued in favor of a 64-bit version with the introduction of Code Composer Studio v7.0.0 at the end of 2016. In this process Windows XP support will also be deprecated. Please plan the migration accordingly.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Code Composer Studio v6"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.