RM4x/RM57 Product Overview
ARM® Cortex®-R Based Safety MCU's for Industrial and Medical Applications
The Hercules RM4x/RM57 Safety MCU family enables customers to easily develop safety critical industrial and medical applications. The ARM® Cortex®-R4F core in the RM4x series offers up to 220MHz of floating point performance, more than 350 DMIPS. The ARM® Cortex®-R5F core in the RM57L852 controller offers up to 330MHz of floating point performance, more than 500 DMIPS. With integrated safety features, advanced connectivity options, and flexible real-time control peripherals, the RM4x/RM57 family is an ideal solution for industrial applications with specific safety requirements.
Real-Time Safety Architecture
The RM4 family of MCUs is based on dual Cortex™-R4F processors in lock-step, these devices are designed to meet error-free safety standards and provide system-wide protection through seamless support for error detection from the processor, through the interconnect and into the memories. TI recognizes that no single safety concept is optimal for all systems. Lockstep and AMP approaches give customers flexible options for system implementation to achieve IEC61508/SIL3 safety standards.
|LaunchPad||ti.com / Wiki||ti.com / Wiki||ti.com / Wiki|
|HDK||ti.com / Wiki||ti.com / Wiki||ti.com / Wiki||ti.com|
|CNCD||Not For Sale Anymore|
Getting Started with the TMS570LS devices Application Note: TMS570LS_Getting_Started.pdf
|CPU CLK (up to)||80 MHz||100 MHz||180 MHz||220 MHz||330 MHz|
|Flash (up to)||128 kB||384 kB||1024 kB||1280 kB||3072 kB||4096 kB|
|RAM (up to)||32 kB||128 kB||192 kB||256 kB||512 kB|
|ADC|| 1x 12-bit
| 2x 12-bit
| 2x 12-bit|
|Package Options||100-pin LQFP (PZ) (14x14mm)|
|144-pin LQFP (PGE) (20x20mm)|
|337-pin NFBGA (ZWT) (16x16mm)|
Please note, that above given configurations do represent the superset device of the associated device families. The actual device configuration can be found in the device datasheet. Pelase visit the Hercules RM Microcontroller Series Product Search for more info.
Tools & Software
Some Tools and software are common across TMS570 and RM family devices. TMS570 info can be found from the TMS570 Category page. http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Category:TMS570
- Hercules Launchpads
- SafetyMCU_Ethernet_Bootloader.zip - The Ethernet Bootloader using TFTP based on HDKs (TMS570LS31x, TMS570LS12x, RM48x, RM46x)
- HDK_CPLD_Programming_Tool.zip - This tool is used to program the CPLD devices on HDK.It can handle up to 50 CPLD devices at the same time. The cpld code included is only for BGA package used on HDK. Please read the "readme.txt" for how to use the tool.
- High End Timer IDE - Windows application for configuring and simulating the HET.
- CCS UniFlash - JTAG flash programming tool with a GUI front end.
- F021FlashApi - F021 Flash API
- HALCoGen Ethernet Driver and lwIP Integration Demonstration - Demonstration of HALCoGen Ethernet Driver & lwIP
- HALCoGen USB Device - driver & CDC Class - Demonstraction of HALCoGen USB Device driver & CDC Class
Some Peripherals are common across TMS570 and RM4 family devices. TMS570 info can be found from the TMS570 Category page: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Category:TMS570
Application Notes & Articles
The application notes for the RM4 series devices can be found from the RM4 Application Notes webpage.
Hercules 1-day LaunchPad training/workshop presentation:
- Media: Hercules_MCU_1Day_LaunchPad_Training.pdf (Approx 8MB)
Hercules 1 Day LaunchPad Training/Workshop Labs:
Hercules 1-day training/workshop presentation: (RM48 USB Stick Based)
- Media: Hercules_MCU_1Day_Training.pdf (Approx 7MB)
Hercules 1 Day Training/Workshop Labs:
Additional training material for Hercules Safety MCUs can be found at http://www.ti.com/herculestraining
Videos related to the Hercules Safety Microcontroller platform, the TMS470M, TMS570 and RM4 device families can be found on the videos wiki page. Videos covering device family overview, safety concept, demos with available USB/MDK kit, tools and IDE's, etc are included.
Important Links & Downloads
Hercule RM home page: www.ti.com/rm4
For technical support and sharing, please visit the RM4 Microcontroller Forum in TI's E2E (Engineer to Engineer) community.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "RM4"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
Media in category "RM4"
This category contains only the following file.
- SafetyMCU Bootloader 2...