Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
ControlSUITE for C2000
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Other Resources
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.1 What is controlSUITE?
- 3.2 Where can I get controlSUITE?
- 3.3 Is controlSUITE just software?
- 3.4 I don't want all of this - how can I download for one kit or one device?
- 3.5 I want it all!
- 3.6 How will I know when there is new or updated software?
- 3.7 What is the controlSUITE Desktop?
- 3.8 Where is all the software stored on my PC (which directory)?
- 3.9 Why an installer instead of individual downloads like before?
- 3.10 Help! My PC is behind a firewall and the installer will not work!
- 3.11 I don't want an installer. I want a simple .zip file
- 3.12 Is controlSUITE supported under Linux Operating Systems?
- 3.13 Which devices are supported in controlSUITE?
- 3.14 My device is not supported in controlSUITE. Where can I find software?
- 3.15 How can I send TI feedback regarding controlSUITE?
- 3.16 Is there a revision history for controlSUITE?
- 3.17 Which CAD software did you use to make the schematic and layout files?
This page describes controlSUITE™ for the C2000 family of Microprocessors.
- Get started quickly with the controlSUITE quickstart guide (SPRUGU2)!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is controlSUITE?
- controlSUITE™ for C2000™ microcontrollers is a cohesive set of software infrastructure and software tools designed to minimize software development time. From device-specific drivers and support software to complete system examples in sophisticated system applications, controlSUITE™ provides libraries and examples at every stage of development and evaluation. Go beyond simple code snippits - jump start your real-time system with real-world software.
Where can I get controlSUITE?
- On this page, click on the image at the top. It will take you to the download page. From here you can select "download software".
Is controlSUITE just software?
- It is software and more!
- There are libraries of course. And documentation for those libraries.
- There is getting started software. Also called "device support" including header files and peripheral examples.
- controlSUITE also has schematics and gerber files for the kits.
- User guides and getting started guides for kits.
- Graphical user interfaces (GUIs) to support some kits.
- The controlSUITE desktop application to help you navigate and find more information on ti.com.
I don't want all of this - how can I download for one kit or one device?
- The installer easily allows you to select which software packages you would like to download. You can select by kit or by device. Also refer to the controlSUITE quickstart guide (SPRUGU2) for more information on selecting specific libraries.
- First select the button "Custom Installation" when prompted.
- Now the installer will allow you to select which software packages you are interested in. In this case I have selected the controlSTICK for the 2806x. If nothing on this page appeals to you, go to the next page.
- On the next page there are more options. In this case, the installer knows the device support (a.k.a. header files and peripheral examples) is required for the controlSTICK selection I made previously. Because it is required, the installer has selected it for me.
- Continue through each of the menus until all the software you are interested in has been selected.
I want it all!
- You got it! Simply select the "Typical: Full support" button when prompted and the installer will download all available software.
How will I know when there is new or updated software?
- The controlSUITE installer can be set to automatically check for updates. Refer to the controlSUITE quickstart guide (SPRUGU2) for more information.
What is the controlSUITE Desktop?
- One way to look through the software and collateral is using the controlSUITE Desktop. This application enables users to easily access software and documentation for kits and devices. controlSUITE Desktop also helps to find online resources such as user guides, the best application notes, and training. Refer to the controlSUITE quickstart guide (SPRUGU2) for more information
Where is all the software stored on my PC (which directory)?
- By default all the downloads are installed under C:\ti\controlSUITE. By using controlSUITE Desktop, you can easily open the containing folder by right clicking on a project description and selecting "open containing folder".
- The sub-directories are as follows:
- All development kit software are located in this directory. Files include full projects, support files, and hardware developer’s packages.
- All device-specific software files are located in this directory. This includes the bit field header files and peripheral examples.
- All library files are located in this directory. This includes math libraries, application libraries, and utilities.
- All controlSUITE Desktop support files are located in this directory. Please do not modify these files.
Why an installer instead of individual downloads like before?
- Using a smart installer helps in a number of ways:
- The installer itself is very small.
- The installer allows the user to easily select "all" software or make a selection per kit or device.
- Everything is one place! Previously we found software was difficult to find. There were simply too many places to look.
- Previously some software would get copied into other software packages. It was difficult to keep updated with which copy was the latest.
- With a common directory structure we have reduced "re-inventing" the wheel and now enjoy much much more reuse.
- controlSUITE Desktop
- Allows you to easily find material by description rather than looking through directories.
- Can point back to the TI website for other material such as training and application notes.
Help! My PC is behind a firewall and the installer will not work!
- If your PC is behind a firewall that interferes with the smart-installer, then you have the option to download the entire controlSUITE contents in a single .zip download. We will update this whenever we push new content to controlSUITE. Save the zip file, then right click and extract to C:\
I don't want an installer. I want a simple .zip file
You do have the option to download the entire controlSUITE contents in a single .zip download. We will update this whenever we push new content to controlSUITE. Save the zip file, then right click and extract to C:\
Is controlSUITE supported under Linux Operating Systems?
- While we don't currently have a controlSUITE installer for Linux, we are working on creating one. There is an alternate way of installing controlSUITE under linux you can try: controlSUITE Linux Installation.
Which devices are supported in controlSUITE?
- At this date (Sept 2011):
- Concerto: F28M35x
- Piccolo: 2802x, 2803x, 2806x
- Delfino: 2833x, 2834x
- Fixed point: 2823x
- Future devices will also be supported in controlSUITE.
My device is not supported in controlSUITE. Where can I find software?
- A couple of places to look:
- The legacy software page http://focus.ti.com/mcu/docs/mcuorphan.tsp?contentId=67005
- The product folder for a particular device.
- The C2000 tools page: http://www.ti.com/c2000tools
How can I send TI feedback regarding controlSUITE?
- Click on the "Update" tab in the controlSUITE Desktop and send an email with your comments to the address shown.
Is there a revision history for controlSUITE?
- Click on the "Update" tab on the controlSUITE Desktop to see the revision notes.
Which CAD software did you use to make the schematic and layout files?
- Express PCB - It is a free CAD Software for PCB design.