Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
DM816x AM389x EMAC Boot
This document interchangeably uses DM816x or AM389x. DM816x refers to DM816x/AM389x devices unless specified otherwise.
ROM Code Requirements
ROM code needs these fields in BOOTP reply to be able to work:
- client IP address
- tftp server IP (called “next-server”)
- boot file name
In addition, we need these additional optional fields if the TFTP server is in a different subnet:
- subnet mask (option number 1)
- router (option number 3)
The DHCP server should be configured to correctly supply these parameters to all DM816x devices.
The DHCP server could filter BOOTP requests based on either
- MAC addresses – By listing mac addresses for each device.
- “vendor class identifier” – this option is put by the ROM code in BOOTP request with the string value “DM816x ROM v1.0”.
This identifier uniquely identifies all DM816x devices
Boot Mode Switch settings
SW3---->BTM[4:0] 00100 or 00111
Please ensure that only one DHCP server responds to the BOOTP request from the EVM.
Setting in Tftpd32
- Note: This is just an example. Actual settings will depend on the network configuration.