Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
Emulation Force Ready
From Texas Instruments Wiki
- When a core is "hung", for example the RDY signal is asserted, the CPU is not able to continue execution. Emulation "Force Ready" artificially asserts the RDY signal to the core and immediately halts the CPU. This allows the debugger user to see the core registers.
- Emulation "Force Ready" is available for 64x, 64x+, and 647x cores only.
- This option is available when CCS detects that the CPU is "hung".
- After "force ready" the CPU pipeline has been flushed. Continued execution should not be attempted.
- Accessing memory regions may result in the cpu becoming "hung" again. This may be because the external memory may not be returning the RDY signal, thus causing the original hang.