Downloading Code Composer Studio
1. Right-click on the link below and open it another window. Choose the desired Code Composer Studio v4 release:
- The link DVD Image refers to the Platinum Edition
- The link Code Size Limited (MSP430 and C28x) refers to the Microcontroller Core Edition
- If only MSP430 or C2000 devices will be used, the Microcontroller Core Edition is recommended as the size of the download is a lot smaller
- The Microcontroller Core Edition is the only free version that can be used with MSP430 development kits.
2. Clicking on the link of the desired version opens the my.ti.com registration page. Fill in the correct login information and click Log In.
3. The next page is the Export approval, which is required for this product. Fill in with the required information and hit Submit
4. A message with the subject TI DOWNLOAD: setup_CCS_4_Platinum.zip or TI DOWNLOAD: setup_CCS_MC_Core.zip will be sent to the provided e-mail address. This message contains a limited-time link to download the software.
5. Click on the link and a browser window is opened to perform the download.
- As a safety feature, the browser may block the download and will show a small box at the top of the window. Click on it to allow the software to be downloaded properly.
- Important! Check the Junk or Spam folders in your Inbox, as the anti-spam protection system may not recognize it as coming from a valid source.
6. After the download is complete, unzip the file <setup_CCS_4_Platinum.zip> or <setup_CCS_MC_Core.zip> to a temporary directory and move on to the next section.
Now that you have downloaded Code Composer Studio v4, please continue on to the Installing CCS section of the CCSv4 Getting Started Guide.