Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
GSG:Managing installed features and updating CCS
Managing installed features and updating Code Composer Studio.
Startup update notification
Sometimes when an update is available and the PC has an active connection to the Internet, a message opens when CCS starts. Click Yes to update it.
1. Select the desired updates to be applied. Click Next.
- Note: if you want to verify if there are other versions of the feature listed available for download, uncheck the box Show the latest version of a feature only. The availability will depend if the provider has them stored in the update site.
2. If needed, a license box will be opened. It must be accepted before continuing. Click Next.
3. A summary of the choices and installation will be displayed. Click Finish.
Updating CCSv4 manually
The same process above can be done manually at any time while CCSv4 is open.
1. Go to Help --> Software Updates --> Find and Install
2. The Search for updates of the currently installed features checks the pre-configured servers for updates to the components you have. Click Finish.
3. Follow the procedure in the previous section Startup update notification to select and install the desired features.
Adding features to CCSv4
CCSv4 benefits from a huge network of Eclipse plug-ins created by developers worldwide. This section covers the steps needed to add these plug-ins.
- Important! CCSv4 is based on Eclipse release 3.2. Make sure the plug-in is compatible with this release.
1. In the screen below select Search for new features to install to configure additional servers that contain plug-ins to extend CCS capabilities. Click Next.
2. In the next screen you can select:
- New Remote Site allows the configuration of a server that contains third-party plug-ins
- New Local Site allows to add a directory in the PC that contains third-party features downloaded manually
- New Archived Site allows to add a compressed file (.jar or .zip) that contains third-party features downloaded manually.
- Note: The most common way to add third-party plug-ins to CCSv4 is by adding a New Remote Site
Now that you have finished updating CCSv4, you can check other Advanced Topics of the CCSv4 Getting Started Guide.