Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
Graph differences between CCSv3.3 and CCSv4.x
Here significant differences between the way graphing behaves in CCSv3.x and CCSv4.x are highlighted
Bringing up the properties dialog and after pressing "OK" button
- Will reset the graph and then acquire and plot based on latest properties
- Will not reset the graph before acquiring and plotting.
Here we will look at an example of plotting the contents of the same buffer using CCS 3.3 and CCS 4.0. The Graph is setup with the following properties changed from the default values.
|Acquisition Buffer Size||50|
|Display Data Size||200|
|Time Display Unit||sample|
This would Enable at the max 4 entire acquisitions to be displayed at a time. For our example we will assume buffer not changing and any refreshes are just manualy triggered to replot the contents form the buffer. The graphs with the yellow background are those from CCS 3.3. The ones with the black background are those from CCS 4.0
- The entire display data size is shown on the X-axis as soon as the graph was configured i.e. after it does the 1st acquire and plot. In our example that would be 200 points
- The first plot will show the buffer content being plotted from sample 150-199
- Only the acquisition buffer size is shown on the X-axis as soon as the graph was configured i.e. after it does the 1st acquire and plot. In our example that would be 50 points
- The first plot will show the buffer content being plotted from sample 0-49
After another refresh on the graph occurs
- the previous buffer contents will shift to the left i.e. will now be plotted at 100-149 and the new buffer contents will be plotted at 150-199
- the new buffer contents will be plotted at sample 50-99. The previous buffer will still be at 0-49. The graph will now show a range of 0-99, since this is still less than the data display size.
With every subsequent refresh the X-axis range
- is always fixed as it always displays the entire display buffer size
- keeps growing till it reaches the data display size
Once the display data size number of samples is reached, then a subsequent refresh CCS 3.x
- will not change the X-axis range and will always be 0-199 in this example. The newly acquired buffer will be between 150-199
- will change the X-axis range. The size does not change just the starting and end points to reflect the sample number being drawn from the start of the graph creation or from the time of the last reset. In this example the range will become 50-249 with the newly acquired data being plotted at 200-249.
- After "Clear Display" selected has same behavior as that after initial configuring of graph in 3.x.
- After "Reset the Graph" clicked has same behavior as that after initial configuring of graph in 4.x
- Uses the "DC value" property value as the Y-axis midpoint. Is always used with autoscale set to true
- The "DC value" property by default is set to false, and the Y-axis range when using autoscale is based on the min and max Y value the graph has to plot