From Texas Instruments Wiki
The MSP430 is a 16-bit, ultra-low power, mixed signal microcontroller from Texas Instruments. The strengths of the MSP430 lie in its easy-to-learn, C-compiler friendly, 16-bit CPU partnered with flexible low power modes and intelligent, low-power peripherals. As a catalog market product, its versatility is applied across a number of different end-equipments including medical equipment, electricity and sub-metering, and home appliances such as smoke detectors, thermostats, etc... With over 230 parts available, there is likely to be an MSP430 for almost any application.
MSP430 Wiki Overview
If you are new to MSP430, please feel free to browse our MSP430 Getting Started category for articles that cover some of the basic MSP430 knowledge you need to get started on your application today!
For those of you who are new to the MSP430 Wiki, this site is the place that the MSP430 community constructs its technical knowledge in an easily search-able, cooperative environment. The architects of the Wiki have tried their best to construct the site such that no categories need to be added. However, the feedback of the Wiki community is critical to the success of the project so feel free to post comments and suggestions to the Discussion tab on this main page. The discussions will be checked periodically as we seek to integrate and organize the full breadth of knowledge that exists within the MSP430 community.
MSP430 Wiki Directory
Projects and Training
- MSP430 Microcontroller Projects
- MSP430 Training
- MSP430 In-Applications
- MSP430 Best Practices
- MSP430 Getting Started
External Project Links
- 43ohMany projects
- LaunchScope Low frequency oscilloscope made from a LaunchPad
- MMC/SD Card interface
- USB-Project/Measurement Frontend
- MSP430 Forum (Recommended):
- TI Technical Support
- MSP430 Developer Network
- Analog and Power Products for MSP430
- Power Reference Designs for MSP430 and other Microcontroller
- Visit the MSP430 Homepage www.ti.com/msp430 for the latest information on upcoming products and MSP430 announcements.
- cc430 based Chronos Watch - low-cost highly integrated, wearable wireless MSP430 development system that comes in a sports watch
- MSP430 Value-Line Launchpad - easy-to-use development tool intended for beginners and experienced users alike priced at $9.99
Other Resources (SEO)
Microcontroller, MCU, Embedded Controller,
8 bit microcontroller alternatives,
16 bit microcontroller MSP430,
Arm Microcontroller, Arm Processor,
32 bit microcontroller, DC motor controller,
Capacitive Touch Microcontroller, Capacitive Touch MCU,
Safety Microcontroller, Automotive Microcontroller