MacOS Host Support CCSv7
This page contains information regarding Code Composer Studio v7 running on MacOS. It includes installation instructions, device support and debug probe support. CCS is tested with the most current version of MacOS and previous version at the time of release.
Download and Install
Proceed with instructions for download and install shown in the CCSv6 Getting Started Guide.
Note if you do not have adminstrative rights on your Mac then you will need to run the installer with a command that looks like this: xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine ccs_setup_7.1.0.00016.app
If you do not do that then MacOS will copy the executable to another folder and run it from there, as a result the installer will not be able to find the offline files and will run as a web installer.
Run <installdir>/ccsv7/uninstall_ccs.app. If the uninstaller does not complete successfully, it’s safe to delete everything under the <installdir>/ccsv6 directory to complete the uninstall.
- Hercules (RM41/RM42/RM44/RM46/RM48/RM57/TMS570LC/TMS570LS)
Supported Debug Probes
- SEGGER J-Link
- MSP-FET430PIF (Parallel port)
- LaunchPads and Experimenters boards other than those noted above. For example the G2 and FR5739 LaunchPads are not supported.
- XDS510 (all variants)
- XDS560 (all variants)
- XDS560v2/XDSPROTRACE (this may change in the future)
Feature Differences vs Windows
- RTOS Analyzer is currently not supported. Planned to be added in CCSv7.x.
- Trace Analyzer support for ITM/SWO is currently not supported. Planned to be added in CCSv7.1.