Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
Starting in v4.3, Processor SDK documentation is no longer hosted on processors wiki.
Please bookmark the new links:
- Linux, RT-Linux: http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-linux/esd/docs/latest/linux/index.html
- RTOS: http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-rtos/esd/docs/latest/rtos/index.html
- Android: http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-android/esd/docs/latest/android/index.html
NOTE: This page is under construction
The Multiple Proc Manager (MPM) Package distributed with Processor SDK RTOS installer has multiple software modules.
Broadly the modules can be grouped into two categories:
- Multi Proc Manager Linux module
- Modules that facilitate Interprocess communication between the multiple cores.
Multi Proc Manager Linux module
The Multi Proc Manager Linux module is used to load and run DSP images from ARM Linux user space. The download and run operations can be exercised by using user space API calls. MPM also provides a MPM Client Application which can be used to load and run DSP through command line.
The Multi Proc Manager package also includes couple of software modules that facilitates Inter processor communication between ARM running linux and DSP running RTOS. These components provide APIs in both ARM linux as well as on DSP RTOS.
MPM Mailbox module
Mailbox is used for exchanging control messages between the host and individual DSP cores.
MPM Sync module
Sync Module implements support for Multicore Barriers and Locks.