Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
OMAP35x DVEVM Getting Started Guide
This Getting Started Guide (GSG) walks you through setting up a development system for the OMAP35x. You should proceed through this guide in the order listed on this page for best results. By the end of this Getting Started Guide you will have the OMAP35x DVEVM hardware set up, a Linux host development environment configured, and a Linux target booting to run some provided demonstration software. You should also bookmark the OMAP35x category category since new articles will continue to appear here.
GSG: OMAP35x DVEVM (Revision G) Overview provides an overview of the new DVEVM kits that includes EVM Main Board Revision G.
GSG: OMAP35x DVEVM (Up to Revision D) Overview provides an overview of the DVEVM kits that includes up to EVM Main Board Revision D.
GSG: OMAP35x DVEVM Hardware Setup (Revision G) steps you through setting up the OMAP35x DVEVM hardware for EVM Main Board Revision G.
GSG: OMAP35x DVEVM Hardware Setup (Up to Revision D) steps you through setting up the OMAP35x DVEVM hardware for EVM Main Board up to Revision D.
GSG: OMAP35x DVEVM Running the Demos describes how to set up, execute, and shut down the demos.
GSG: OMAP35x DVEVM Software Setup covers how to install the Linux tools, (DV)SDK software, and Linux Support Package for the OMAP35x DVEVM.
NOTE: The bootargs used in explanations in this GSG are the default options used for DVSDK demos. Refer to the bootargs options for more information these options as well as additional options to be added in case of certain scenarios.
GSG: OMAP35x DVEVM Additional Procedures covers the following useful procedures that are not necessarily part of the getting started process.
- Updating/Restoring the Flash Image provides information on Updating/Restoring the Flash Image on OMAP35x EVM board.
- OMAP35x DVEVM Boot from SD/MMC card provides information on creating OMAP35x DVEVM Linux boot from SD/MMC card.
- Booting the New Linux Kernel provides information on booting the OMAP35x EVM board.
- Alternate Boot Methods provides information on updating or restoring the kernel image on the OMAP35x EVM.
- Working With 256MB Micron mDDR Memory provides information on working With 256MB Micron mDDR Memory on the OMAP35x EVM.
- Putting Demo Applications in the Third-Party Menu provides information on adding additional demos to the menu.
- Changing the Output Display to DVI provides information on changing the output type to DVI from LCD.
- Enabling Audio Capture for Speech encode provides information on Enabling Audio Capture for Speech encode.
- Enabling TV Out provides information on Enabling TV(S-video and composite) out.
- Working with OMAP3530 Mega Codec Server provides information on integrating the OMAP3530 Mega Codec Server and the necessary modifications to run the demos using the Mega Codec Server
- Working with SD/MMC Card Image provides information on how to run the SD Card image.
The following pages provide additional procedures that apply to a variety of platforms, including the OMAP35x:
- Setting up a TFTP Server explains how to set up a TFTP server.
- Digital Video Test Bench provides information on the Digital Video Test Bench (DVTB) and how to install it.
The following pages provide additional information that applies to a variety of platforms, including the OMAP35x:
- OMAP3x DVSDK Release Note Catalogue provides the release notes for the external DVSDK 3.01 releases. Refer to the links to get information on features supported, compatibility, version logs, known issues and limitations.
- OMAP35x DVSDK Known Issues and Limitations lists issues related to the DVSDK software.
- OMAP35x DVSDK Version Log Lists the versions of the components used in the DVSDK external releases.
- OMAP35x DVSDK FAQs answers frequently asked questions about the DVSDK software.
- SDK component information (Codec Engine, Framework Components)
- Standalone PSP device drivers for downloading