Processor SDK Android How To Guides
|Android Software Developer's Guide||→||How To Guides|
How To Guides
Here's a collections of different How To Guides that may help you in your Android development. Feel free to contribute one of your own!
- How to rebuild the components of the Android SDK from source
- How to enable the PRU Ethernet ports on your AM571x/AM572x IDK board
- How to connect the LCD to your AM571x/AM572x IDK board
- How to load and debug an apk on your EVM using Android Studio
- How to replace the default Android boot animation with your own (coming soon!)
- How to boot directly into your application (coming soon!)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I see recently added files in the Gallery or Music Player app?
Gallery/Music Player is not aware of files pushed via ADB at run time. After pushing the files reboot the board to have the gallery updated.
Alternatively, to avoid a reboot, you can use the following command:
$am broadcast -a android.intent.action.MEDIA_MOUNTED -d file:///mnt/shell/emulated/0
Why does my board hang during boot if I have an empty SD card connected but I've flashed the eMMC?
The boot order of the AM572x GP EVM and the AM57xx IDK boards defaults to checking the SD card for a bootable partition before any other media. This means that if your SD card contains a partition with the bootable flag set to true, and it doesn't contain MLO and u-boot.img, then your boot process will appear to hang because the ROM bootloader cannot find what it needs to boot in the boot partition of the SD card.
To remedy this problem you should re-partition your SD card and make sure that there are no bootable paritions. Utilities such as fdisk, sfdisk, or parted can all do this from your Linux host machine.