Processor SDK Android Release Notes
Last updated: 10/03/2017
|Android Software Developer's Guide||→||Release Notes|
The Processor Software Development Kit (Processor-SDK) for Android provides a fundamental software platform for development, deployment and execution of Android based applications and includes the following:
- Bootloaders & Filesystems
- SDK Installer
- Setup Scripts
- eMMC Images
- Android UI
- Example Applications
Please refer to the software manifest, which outlines the licensing status for all packages included in this release. The manifest can be found on the SDK download page. The manifest can be found on the SDK download page or in the installed directory as indicated below. In addition, see Processor SDK Android GPLv3 Disclaimer
- Software Developer Guide: Provides information on features, functions, delivery package and, compile tools for the Processor SDK Android release. This also provides detailed information regarding software elements and software infrastructure to allow developers to start creating applications.
- Getting Started Guide: provides information on getting the software and running examples/demonstrations bundled in the SDK.
- Software Manifest: Provides license information on software included in the SDK release. This document is in the release at
- EVM Quick Start Guide: Provides information on hardware setup and running the demonstration application that is loaded on flash. This document is provided as part of the EVM kit.
Released September 2017
Processor SDK Android "Marshmallow" release with updated Kernel and U-boot. Please note that there will be no further updates for Marshmallow, and customers are not advised to go for production on Marshmallow. Next update for Processor SDK Android will be with Android-O.
Following new features are enabled/tested in this release:
- Boot: fastboot, QSPI/NOR + emmc boot, SD card boot, Single stage bootloader, USB peripheral boot, Switch to recovery mode
- Platform: LPAE support, SELinux enforce mode
- IPC: Late attach support
- Connectivity: USB2.0/USB3.0 Host, Gadget and dual-role, Dual Ethernet, SD card detect, eMMC HS200 mode, DCAN
- Power: AVS0, MPU DVFS, ABB
- Thermal: Governors implemented for MPU (On Die), Monitoring implemented for all on chip sensors
- Video: 1080p60 MP4/H264/, H264 Video Encode (F2F)
- Audio: MP3/AAC playback, stereo audio out on McASP, 5.1 Audio on HDMI, Downmix to Stereo on McASP when disconnected, Aux-In, ARM<->DSP Audio Routing
- Display: SGX accelerated UI and touch, DRM/KMS, ION/GEM, HDMI A/V out, GC320, DSS WB, SGX and DSS simultaneous composition.
- Camera: VIP: YUYV/RGB888 format capture, NV12 capture, Interlaced capture, VPE: color conversion, v4L2 M2M, scalar, DEI, RGB565 and alpha channel support
- Android CTS: Full CTS execution with Android 6.0 CTS R14
SDK Components and Versions
|Android||Android Marshmallow MR3 6.0.1 (M4B30Z)|
|Toolchain||Andriod linux-x86 toolchain android-eabi-4.9|
See Processor_SDK_Supported_Platforms_and_Versions for a list of supported platforms and links to more information.
|PANDSDK-35||am57xx-idk||Need LCD detection logic for the IDK boards in the fastboot.sh script, to support both old and new LCDs||Manual selection of IDK display|
|PANDSDK-39||All||Played back voice recordings have pops and clicks||Expected to be addressed in O-pastry 2017 LTS baseline|
|PANDSDK-41||All||Audio playback on HDMI is broken||Use audio port for playback|
|PANDSDK-42||All||Video playback is Jerky on HDMI|
|PANDSDK-97||am572x-evm||Camera preview doesn't work||Use omapdrmtest for camera functionality|
|PANDSDK-92||am572x-evm||Android Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) Failures due to lack of Camera, WiFi support|
Installation and Usage
The Software Developer's Guide provides instructions on how to setup up your Android development environment, install the SDK and start your development.
The Processor SDK is developed, built and verified on Ubuntu 14.04.
Technical Support and Product Updates
For further information or to report any problems, see Processor_SDK_Technical_Support