Processor SDK RTOS NWAL
|RTOS Software Developer Guide||→||NWAL|
The NWAL (Network Adaptation Layer) driver provides a well-defined set of APIs which could be used for applications interfacing with NetCP (Network Coprocessor) module in Keystone family of SOCs (C66x, K2x).
- Initialization of NetCP low level driver resources
- Initialization of Packet DMA related resources associated with NetCP
- Classification of incoming packets based on L2: MAC header fields
- Classification of incoming packets based on L3: IPv4/IPv6 header fields
- Routing of packets to host based on L4: UDP/TCP/GTP-U
- Unidirectional IPSec SA creation and deletion
- In band offload of IPSec encryption/decryption for the outgoing packets
- Access to SA data mode acceleration for data plane applications.
- Supports offload of the following features to NETCP Hardware during transmission of packets:
- IPv4 checksum/L4:TCP/UDP checksum/IPSec Encryption
- Redirection of packets through a specific MAC port
- Software Insertion of L2/L3/L4 header
- Upon reception of packet, module provides additional meta data details including:
- Status of IP checksum/UDP/TCP checksum results
- Offset to L2/L3/L4 protocol offsets. Appropriate layer offset will be valid only if classification or routing is enabled at NETCP
- Ingress MAC port information
Modes of Operation
Following modes of operations are supported by NWAL when sending control configuration request to configure NetCP firmware. BLOCKING Mode: In this mode, status of API request used to configure NetCP is returned back in API call context.
Non-BLOCKING Mode: In this mode, application can invoke a separate poll routine to retrieve status response result.
The driver configures the NWAL subsystem using the nwalGlobCfg_t structure.
This structure must be initialized before the nwal_create() function API is called and cannot be changed afterwards. For details regarding individual fields of this structure, see the Doxygen help by opening PDK_INSTALL_DIR\packages\ti\drv\nwal\docs\doxygen\html\index.html.
API reference for application can be found in below file:
|| Expected Results|
Unit Test application to test all APIs
User observes the output printed over the CCS console
|API Reference Manual||$(TI_PDK_INSTALL_DIR)\packages\ti\drv\nwal\docs\doxygen\html\index.html|