Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
Processor SDK RTOS PKTLIB
Starting in v4.3, Processor SDK documentation is no longer hosted on processors wiki.
Please bookmark the new links:
- Linux, RT-Linux: http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-linux/esd/docs/latest/linux/index.html
- RTOS: http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-rtos/esd/docs/latest/rtos/index.html
- Android: http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-android/esd/docs/latest/android/index.html
|RTOS Software Developer Guide||→||PKTLIB|
The packet library (PKTLIB) provides higher layer of abstraction for underlying CPPI hardware descriptors to application layer. Functionalities include:
- Zero copy operation for:
- Packet split/merge operations
- Cloning operations
- Headroom/Tail room addition through merge operation
- Allocations of packet buffer and descriptors during startup time
- Allows packet allocation by HW at Rx CPPI DMA
- Efficient recycling of data buffers including the case of buffers being referenced by multiple CPPI descriptors
Modes of Operation
A pktlib heap can be created in on of the following two modes:
- Private: only visible on the core where the heap was created
- Shared: visible across multiple cores
Applications can use Pktlib_createHeap() API to create heap(s) in the system and heap properties are specified by the Pktlib_HeapCfg configuration structure. This configuration structure should be populated by the application and passed to the PKTLIB module when a heap is being created via the Pktlib_createHeap() API. Multiple heaps can exist in the system where each heaps properties are specified by the Pktlib_HeapCfg configuration structure.
For details about individual fields of this structure, see the Doxygen help by opening PDK_INSTALL_DIR\packages\ti\runtime\pktlib\docs\doxygen\html\index.html.
API reference for application can be found in below file:
|| Expected Results|
Unit Test application to test all APIs
User observes the output printed over the CCS console
|API Reference Manual||$(TI_PDK_INSTALL_DIR)\packages\ti\runtime\pktlib\docs\doxygen\html\index.html|