RN 5 01 01 01
- 1 Release Notes for release 5.01.01.01
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Validation information
- 1.3 Installation and Usage
- 1.4 Features in this release
- 1.5 Pre-requisites
- 1.6 What is supported
- 1.7 What is not supported
- 1.8 Debugging SGX driver related issues
- 1.9 Fixed in this Release
- 1.10 Limitations/ Known Issues
- 1.11 Contents
Release Notes for release 5.01.01.01
This release includes the Linux graphics drivers for the SGX530 family of chipsets AM43xx, AM335x, AM35xx/37xx, 387x(TI814x)/389x(TI816x).The Graphics SDK contains documentation, demo programs and tools.
1. This release has been sanity tested on AM335x EVM & AM43x EVMs only.
Installation and Usage
Please look for detailed installation and usage instructions at below link-
Features in this release
- NEW - AM43x support - Tested on both Beta EPOS & GP-EVMs.
- NEW - 3.12 kernel support(3.12.9) - Tested on AM43x & AM335x with kernel tree as mentioned in Pre-requisites section below.
- NEW - Integration with reset driver framework for both AM43x & AM335x.
- NEW - Packaged updated rc.pvr, install.sh with MIT license
- Based on 1.10 RC DDK (1.10@2359475)
- PowerVR SDK 3.0
Kernel(Linux PSP) versions supported or used for validation
Only the following devices have been tested & details below -
- AM335x & AM43x -
- Tree: git://git.ti.com/ti-linux-kernel/ti-linux-kernel.git
- Branch: ti-linux-3.12.y
- commit - a4daf45088f752ed6b33239026518fc3d1bce2bc
NOTE- 1.Ensure the reset controller driver is enabled in kernel menuconfig if not enabled by default as below- CONFIG_ARCH_HAS_RESET_CONTROLLER=y CONFIG_RESET_CONTROLLER=y CONFIG_RESET_TI=y
- Linaro 4.7.3 hardfp toolchain(arm-linux-gnueabihf-) was used for creating this release package.
What is supported
Khronos API support
- OpenGL ES 1.1
- OpenGL ES 2.0
- Limited 2D acceleration via PVR2D API
The following Window Systems are supported, on Linux:
- Null Window System
Buffer Swap modes
The following modes of buffer swapping are supported,
- Front (1 buffer), Flip (chained buffers)
Selection of these modes is done via entries in /etc/powervr.ini. Please refer to http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/SGXDbg#WindowSystem
- IMG propreitary Bufferclass texture streaming enabled by default.
What is not supported
- Power Management features are not validated on AM43xx(due to an issue with DSS/frame buffer display not functional on issuing suspend/resume) - This will be validated on recieving the kernel sources with the fix and then appropriately this section will be updated.
- Kernel (for OMAP35x/AM35x/37xx) configured without DSS2 framework support will not work with the current display class driver.
- Xorg driver build (SUPPORT_XORG=1) not supported.
- Debug build is meant for debug/testing purposes only & should not be used for measuring performance.
For debugging issues with SGX driver and frequently asked questions, please go through
Fixed in this Release
- SDOCM00106351 - Kernel info message observed on issuing suspend.
Limitations/ Known Issues
The folders in the installed package contain binaries for several family of devices containing the SGX530 core. Brief description of these folders is below.
|Folder Name||Description||Used by|
|2||gfx_dbg_es3.x / gfx_rel_es3.x||Debug/Release binaries for platforms having SGX core revision 1.2.1||(AM35xx) How to check?|
|3||gfx_dbg_es5.x / gfx_rel_es5.x||Debug/Release binaries for platforms having SGX core revision 1.2.5||(AM37xx) How to check?|
|4||gfx_dbg_es6.x / gfx_rel_es6.x||Debug/Release binaries for 38xx(387x,389x) devices (SGX core revision 1.2.5)||38xx How to check?|
|4||gfx_dbg_es8.x / gfx_rel_es8.x||Debug/Release binaries for 335x devices (SGX core revision 1.2.5)||AM335x EVM|
|4||gfx_dbg_es9.x / gfx_rel_es9.x||Debug/Release binaries for 43xx devices (SGX core revision 1.2.5)||AM43x EVM|
|5||GFX_Linux_KM||Source for Graphics Kernel Modules||Contains kernel dependent code, changes depending on Linux kernel used|
|6||GFX_Linux_SDK||Demos, Training courses, PVR Tools,classes and header files||Used for building new applications (Available only in the SDK package, not in the BIN package)|
|7||include||Contains updated header file for GL extensions, specifically the buffer class streaming extension||Useful for video texturing applications involving bufferclass driver|
|8||tools||Contains devmem2, and other packages||Useful for running/debugging/benchmarking of Graphics SDK|