This firmware based on origiginal Chronos firmware ver. 1.6
I have implemented some features special for skydiving:
- Automatic zero level set.
- Blank second line.
- Different simple pressure to altitude function.
- Altimeter timeout (12 hours) for battery saving.
- Direct altitude render without filtering.
This is the second beta firmware, but it is completly working and tested during some skydive jumps. The difference from airplane altimeter was near 1% at 4 kilomiter altitude.
At the bottom of this page you can find compiled firmwares for 3 versions fo Chronos watch (433, 868 and 915 Mhz) and the sources for CCS.
- Change the top line to altimeter by pressing * button (0m is diplayed).
- Change the second line to blank by pressing # button.
- Lock buttons by pressing # and 'down' buttons together for some time.
- Jump from the plane!
You can write any questions and feature requests to valera AT krilov.net
The discussion at skycentre.net (sorry, only russian lang)
SKYDIVING IS A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY THAT CAN RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH. EACH INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT, REGARDLESS OF EXPERIENCE, HAS FINAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS OWN SAFETY
Real altitude can be different from Chronos watch. USE IT AT YOU OWN RISK.
Current version Beta 0.02