Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
Introduction / Inspiration
Do you know following situation? You are sitting around with your friends and you don’t know what to do.
Suddenly somebody has the idea of playing a classic board game (e.g. ludo (dt. Mensch Ärgere Dich Nicht)).
After looking for the game, you finally find it. But something very important is missing – the dice.
This is only one scenario, in which our universal dice tool called “TIce” for the eZ430-chronos can help you, as
its huge advantage is that this “dice” is very unlikely to be lost because it is fixed around your wrist ;-)
All in all, TIce is a universal dice tool which you can use in various situations.
Here are some examples:
- referee: coin missing for choice of ends
- teachers: support to create marks (which pupil will be questioned, create marks)
- different dice and board games
- Ludo (dt. Mensch Ärgere Dich nicht!)
- Game of Life
- Barricade (dt. Malefitz)
- rolegames (for pen & paper games): a lot of different dice are necessary
- The Dark Eye
- Dungeons & Dragons
- decision guidance: it supports you in diverse daily life situations (we assume no liability for wrong decisions!!!!)
- Michael Sax
- Peter Reiser
When you have any questions, please mail to us: (TIce.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- simple to supplement to each chronos without losing any factory firmware applications
- installation requires less than 10 minutes (see Download/Setup/SourceCode)
- toss up to 10 dice simultaneously
- all common known of number of sides implemented (20 types) (compare list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dice)
- evaluation after rolling dice possible (sum, maximum, minimum, average)
- code size limited (code size only about 12 kbytes)
- easy to create your own number of sides
The simplest way to get TIce on your chronos is to flash the .txt file via the Chronos Control Center (no disassembly required)!!
The other way:
- Download/Start CCS (limited edition is enough) 
- Import Existing CCS sportswatch project
- ATTENTION: Use latest firmware version (revision b) 
- Select Active Build Configuration (433, 868 or 915 MHz, CCS limited edition)
- Replace main.c, menu.c, and menu.h and insert dice.h and dice.c to the common logic folder
- Change compiler settings (necessary to reduce memory on cc430)
- Project properties -> C/C++ Build ->MSP430 Compiler -> Basic Options -> Set Debugging Model to “Symbolic debug for program analysis”
- (After that no debugging is possible, change back to previous settings to debug)
- Flash program to device
- Stop Debug
- Have fun with this application!
Required Source Code Files