Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
The Punch Meter
Insert description of project here - Topics to include (in no particular order):
- Functional Description - This game is a test of strength and speed! Punch as many times in 30 seconds as hard as you can to get a new high score! Enjoy the animations along the way.
- What inspired you to create this - We wanted to make a silly game that could relieve some stress for all TIers.
- what purpose/market need does this fulfill - Silly games will never go out of style. They make millions of dollars - seriously.
- 30 second timer to play each game.
- Saves a high score (as long as you keep the game open, it doesn't save it to the hard disk).
- Fun game that can waste hours of your time!
Pictures & Videos
If possible, video your design working and upload to YouTube with link here:
Videos can be embedded directly into the wiki using the EmbedVideoPlus extension. For documentation on this extension, please see http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideoPlus
- MS Visual C# is a powerful and efficient programming platform of producing windows applications. Upon embarking on this programming task, we noticed that the Chronos .NET DLL was available for download, but there was no example source code and the documentation was extremely limited. Thus, one of the goals of this project was to provide an example source code for others in the community who prefer to use C# for windows applications.
- To run the program on a windows machine, .NET Framework 3.5 must be installed. Download the .NET Framework here The Chronos watch software and drivers must also be installed prior to running the program. Lastly, check to make sure the RF link is plugged into the USB port of your computer.
- How to play the punch-meter game: Once you double-click the executable, you can click "Establish Watch Communications" to start the RF link. A message box will appear to confirm communication with the RF link. After communication is established, press the "#" button on the Chronos Watch until "ACC" appears on the bottom screen. Once "ACC" appears, press the "Down" button to start communication. Once communication is established, press "Start Game!" which will start a 30 second timer and record your punches!
- Source code is also available, and is written in MS Visual Studio 2008 using Visual C#. There are debugging buttons that are hidden from the game that can be set to "visible" during design time for debugging.