Code Composer Studio v4 uses the Eclipse update manager to check for updates. This allows you to check for updates to Code Composer Studio, third party emulation drivers as well as updates to other Eclipse plug-in packages that you have installed.
CCS will automatically check for updates once a week. This default setting for the check can be changed via the Preferences dialog by going to Windows->Preferences->Install/Update->Automatic Updates. You can also manually check for updates through the Help menu (Help->Software Updates->Find and Install).
CCS knows what updates to check for based on update sites that have been installed with the product.
Versions prior to CCS 4.1.2 only show the Code Composer Studio Updates, Spectrum Digital Emulation Updates and Blackhawk Emulation Updates(if those packages were selected during installation).
Only Minor Updates are Shown
When manually checking for updates through the Help menu (Help->Software Updates->Find and Install), only minor version updates are shown (for example, from compiler 7.0.3 to 7.0.4). To see major version updates, select Search for new features to install instead of Search for updates of the currently installed features.
- For CCS version 4.1.2 and earlier, updates for the compiler are not shown. Download updates separately from the Compiler Download page.
- Starting with version 4.1.2, CCS checks for compiler updates automatically.
- For CCS versions before 4.2.4, the code size limited tools (C2000) are missing the update site. Follow this procedure to to have CCS search for new features and find the compiler updates.
- Go to Help->Software Updates->Find and Install
- Select Search for new features to install, then click Next.
- Select New Remote Site. Give the site a name (e.g. Compiler Updates) and specify this URL: http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_ccstudio/codegen/Updates/limited/site.xml
- Click OK, then Finish
- CCS will find find the latest compiler releases
- CCS will find future updates automatically
BIOS and Target Content Updates
- For CCS version 4.1.2 and earlier, updates for BIOS are not shown. Download updates separately from the BIOS download page.
- Starting with CCS version 4.2.0, CCS checks for Target Content updates automatically.
If your computer resides behind a firewall you may have to setup the proxy information so that CCS can get to our Eclipse update site. CCS attempts to get this information from your internet browser but sometimes you have set it up manually. To setup the proxy settings go to Windows->Preferences and the type "proxy" in the search box at the top left of the preferences dialog. This filters the preferences dialog to only things that have to do with "proxy". Select "Update/Install" in the tree. Then fill in your proxy settings in the screen that appears on the right.
Installing Patch Downloads
If you download the patch from CCS download page to update your CCS version, then follow this process to install the patch:
- Go to CCS menu Help->Software Updates->Find and Install
- Select "Search for new features to install", click Next
- Select New Local Site and point to the directory where you unzipped the patch
- The patch version should now appear in the list which you can then select and install