- 1 Pre-Launch Questions
- 1.1 Group Name
- 1.2 Public Email
- 1.3 Describe Your Group
- 1.4 What do you hope to gain by participating in this challenge?
- 1.5 Do you participate in IRC?
- 1.6 Where are you located, and what hours do you tend to work?
- 1.7 What is your project?
- 2 Authors
- 3 Features
- 4 Pictures & Videos
- 5 Usage Instructions
- 6 Source Code
- 7 Schematics
Describe Your Group
Anthony Lee - Android, Java
Chris Stoos - Hardware, Java
What do you hope to gain by participating in this challenge?
Enhancing programing skills, learning something new, applying school's knowledge, working with a new upcoming device, teamwork
Do you participate in IRC?
irc.freeenode.net #beagle hookem/cstoos
Where are you located, and what hours do you tend to work?
T/Th - 1230pm - 3pm CST
After 6pm CST weekdays
What is your project?
Visual Traffic Device
- What are you making? A device similar to a current GPS device but bases route on traffic signals
- For whom are you making it, and why do they need it? Everyday consumers would need/want this to save time while driving
- What technologies (programming languages, etc.) will you be using? Android + Java
- In general, feel free to add as much content as you think is valuable. Consider this template as the bare minimum.Touchscreen for ease of interaction and appeal
We are attempting to complete this project in one semester. Having a class that allows us to work on open projects gives us time within school to attempt to complete this. Anthony has had a lot of previous programming experience and is willing to learn about the Android java system. Chris is more hardware focused and is interested in circuits and how hardware interacts with each other.
Our project is separated into several parts: Hardware: Beagleboard�+LCD and Expansion Board Software: Database�+Travel Algorithm+Android GUI
What license(s) does your project use?
- Anthony Lee
- Chris Stoos
- LCD + expansion: 4.3-inch 480x272 Color LCD + Hy-Research expansion
- Travel algorithm: Dijkstra’s algorithm
- GUI: see pictures
* User input route * Displays familiar map picture * Friendly menu GUI * Color codes traffic lights * Successfully able to change route based on traffic light status and shortest distance
Pictures & Videos
- Please upload all source and project files. Source code and be uploaded directly to the wiki, but larger projects may benefit from being posted externally on sites like sourceforge.net or github.com.
- Please upload your schematics in CAD preferably or PDF