NOTICE: The Processors Wiki will End-of-Life in December of 2020. It is recommended to download any files or other content you may need that are hosted on processors.wiki.ti.com. The site is now set to read only.
AM18x Connectivity Calibration
Performing WLAN RF Calibration
the first time were the EVM35xx and the WL1271 daughterboard is being used, the TX Bit procedure have to be done, it will create an nvs_map.bin file that containes the specifc WL1271 daughterboard calibration parameters.
follow the steps to perform the Tx BIP procedure:
1. in case there is no Antenna connect a 50 Ohm termination on the RF connector.
2. Download the WLAN driver and bring up the CLI
3. Wake up the device by typing the folowing command in the CLI
/ w p 1 l 2 f 2
4. Run the following TX BIP commands:
/ t r h 0 7 / t b b 375 128 0 / t b t 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
5. reset the Board after NVS FILE generation is completed.
Modify the MAC address
the MAC address is stored in the NVS file, and for that reason after generating a calibration then the MAC address have to be updated as well, otherwise it will get a default value.
Step to modify the MAC address will be as follows:
- Create the nvs_map.bin file (that only once)
- Upload the nvs_map.bin file from the EVM to a PC via tftp protocol,
- Edit the MAC address portion in the nvs_map.bin file
- Return the modified nvs_map.bin file from the PC back to the EVM
- Reboot the EVM and start working with new wirless MAC address
follow the steps below to modify the MAC address:
Upload the nvs file from the EVM to the PC
- Open the TFTP server on the PC
- type the folowing command in the EVM screen
tftp -p <IP address of PC> -l <file to load from EVM to PC> tftp -p 192.168.1.100 -l nvs_map.bin
|nvs_map.bin address offset||MAC address|
|0x3 - 0x6||Local station MAC address LSB|
|0xA - 0xD||Local station MAC address MSB|
The MAC LSB and MSB MAC address respectivally defined in the first line (offset 000000) of the nvs_map.bin as followes:
000000 01 6D 54 66 66 32 28 01 71 54 00 08 00 00 00 00
in that example the MAC address is as follows:
- the MSB part of the MAC address is: 00 00 80 00
- the LSB part of the MAC address is: 28 32 66 66
the way to verify that the MAC address had change correctly can be achived by connecting the EVM to an AP and to verify the connection Status as folowes:
\> Driver/, Connection/, Management/, Show/, Privacy/, scAn/, roaminG/, qOs/, po Wer/, eVents/, Bt coexsistance/, Report/, dEbug/, biT/, aboUt, Quit c .../Connection> Bssid_list, Connect, Disassociate, Status, Full_bssid_list, wPs/ s ========================== Status : running MAC : 08.00.28.32.66.66 SSID : s_ap BSSID : 00.26.ca.b6.47.d0 Channel : 1 ==========================