Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
Creating Dynamic Objects and Threads in BIOS
Functions such as
SWI_create() are used in DSP/BIOS for dynamically creating objects/threads. All of these *_create() functions ultimately depend on dynamic memory allocation. It is critical that you properly configure dynamic memory allocation in your tcf file in order for these functions to work.
- Open your tcf file in the configuration tool.
- Right click on Memory Section Manager and go to Properties.
- Uncheck the "No Dynamic Heaps" box if it is not already unchecked. Click OK to exit the dialog.
Create one or more heaps
- Right-click on the memory section where you would like to create a heap, e.g. DDR2 and go to Properties.
- Click the "Create a heap in this memory" box and enter the size. Click OK to exit the dialog.
Specify placement of DSP/BIOS objects
- Right-click once again on Memory Section Manager and set the "Segment for DSP/BIOS Objects" to a valid section.
Specify placement of dynamic tasks
- Expand the Scheduling section, right click on "TSK - Task Manager" and select Properties. Select a valid heap for the option "Stack segment for dynamic tasks"