Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
Customizing the SDK Splash Screen
Starting in v4.3, Processor SDK documentation is no longer hosted on processors wiki.
Please bookmark the new links:
- Linux, RT-Linux: http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-linux/esd/docs/latest/linux/index.html
- RTOS: http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-rtos/esd/docs/latest/rtos/index.html
- Android: http://software-dl.ti.com/processor-sdk-android/esd/docs/latest/android/index.html
This article discusses how to customize the splash screen for the Linux SDK. The info was derived from this e2e forum post.
The "psplash" user space application is called at boot time, showing the TI logo splash screen. In order to change the displayed image, you need to first download the "psplash" package source code from here. The next steps are as follows:
1. Use the ./make-image-header.sh script included in the package to create a new header file with your new image: (you need to install libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev library first)
./make-image-header.sh <path_to_image_file> <NAME>
Note: The <NAME> argument can be whatever you want it to be, but for the fastest approach you should use "POKY" as this is what is used by default in the psplash.c file. Unfortunately this isn't configurable and you have to edit the file manually if you wish to use different name.
- The above command will generate the header file with the image contents (<your_logo_filename>-img.h). - Open the psplash.c file and replace the file name in the following line at the top of the file:
2.Export the needed variables and then configure and build psplash:
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- export ARCH=arm export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/ti-sdk-am335x-evm-06.00.00.00/linux-devkit/sysroots/i686-arago-linux/usr/bin ./autogen.sh --host=arm-linux CC=arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc make
3. Replace the /usr/bin/psplash file in your root file system with the generated psplash file.