NOTICE: The Processors Wiki will End-of-Life in December of 2020. It is recommended to download any files or other content you may need that are hosted on processors.wiki.ti.com. The site is now set to read only.
Debugging SYS/BIOS applications
When you are ready to debug your SYS/BIOS application, you will need a CCS "target configuration". If you haven't already created a default target configuration in CCS, follow these steps:
- Choose File > New > Target Configuration File.
- Type a filename for the target configuration, which will be stored as part of the CCS project. For example, you might type TCI6482sim.ccxml if that reflects the target you want to use. Then, click Finish.
- In the Connection field for your target configuration, choose the type of connection you have to the target. Then type part of the target name in the Device filter field. For example, you might choose the "TI Simulator" connection and filter by "64xp" to find a C64x+ simulator.
- Choose File > Save or click the Save icon to save your target configuration.
- You can right-click on a target configuration and choose Set as Default Target to set which target configuration is used for debugging.
To debug an application after creating a target configuration, follow these steps:
- Choose Target > Debug Active Project or click the Debug icon. This loads the program and switches you to the "Debug" perspective.
- You can set breakpoints in your code if desired. Press F8 to run.
- Use various tools provided with XDCtools, SYS/BIOS, and CCS to debug the application.
SYS/BIOS ONLINE VIDEO TRAINING SERIES NOW AVAILABLE !!
As of 3/20/12, SYS/BIOS training is NOW AVAILABLE online for all users from TI's Technical Training Organization. While we teach this workshop LIVE, the authors decided to record all chapters and labs for your benefit and access around the world. Voice-over PPTs are usually BORING. However, this training series is hosted by the two authors and offers lots of in-depth conversations about the tools and SYS/BIOS, highlighting, add'l info not included in the downloads, stories, panning/zooming, etc. to keep the users engaged and having a good time while learning SYS/BIOS. The content also includes target-specific chapters on Stellaris and C6000. Don't wait...go check out this spectacular resource at your fingertips: