NOTICE: The Processors Wiki will End-of-Life in December of 2020. It is recommended to download any files or other content you may need that are hosted on processors.wiki.ti.com. The site is now set to read only.
- 1 AM335x Device Information
- 1.1 Overview
- 1.2 Important Documentation
- 1.3 Migration Guides
- 1.4 Silicon/HW Design Reference Documents
- 1.5 SW Overview
- 1.6 Processor and Co-Processor Benchmarks
- 1.7 Forums
- 2 Development and Reference Designs
AM335x Device Information
In this page, you will find information to evaluate the device capabilities. If there are ever any discrepancies in information, the device data-sheet is considered the official source
This set of devices provide pin-pin and software compatible solutions allowing our customers to scale across multiple devices while saving their investment
(*) All devices are available in the 15x15 mm, ZCZ package option. The 13x13 mm, ZCE package option is available for all devices, excluding AM3359 and AM3357.
See Device Nomenclature in datasheet and Parametrics table in product folders for speed ranges supported for each specific part number.
General Device Selection Guidelines:
- For a general overview of TI's ARM portfolio, see the ARM Platform Technical Guide Brochure.
- Also take a look at the Sitara Overview for help in choosing a processor.
- For a comparison between ARM9, ARM11 and Cortex-A8, take a look at this matrix.
- AM3359 Product Folder: The product folders on ti.com contains the datasheet, errata, user guides, and much more.
- AM335x Datasheet:
The datasheet contains a detailed features list, description, and block diagram of the processor. In addition, the datasheet contains information on the device pinout, electricals, package, and basic configuration.
- AM335x Errata:
The errata describes known issues as well as device limitations with proposed workarounds.
- AM335x Technical Reference Manual:
Describes technical description of SoC along with detailed functional description of individual peripheral present in AM335x.
- AM335x Datasheet:
- AM335x BSDL Models
- AM335x IBIS
- AM335x Symbols
- AM335x Footprints
The hardware migration guides help customers understand high level differences/compatibility between processors. Each article provides a feature set comparison including boot modes and documents feature enhancements in the AM335x family.
Silicon/HW Design Reference Documents
Hardware Design Guide
The hardware design guide helps walk hardware designers through the various stages of designing a board on this platform. The article outlines a hardware design timeline and provides a collection of useful documentation, application reports, and design recommendations pertaining to each stage of the timeline. Using this article, hardware designers can efficiently locate the resources they need at every step in the board design flow.
Board Design Guidelines
Package Reflow Profiles
- Package Reflow Profiles: Reflow profiles are dependent on numerous factors including package type, number of components, board layers, board size, reflow oven accuracy, process and more. Because of the number of variables it is not possible to provide a single reflow profile that is representative of every board using a specific package type. Typically, manufacturing houses have reflow profiles in place and modify them for specific hardware.
The reflow profiles in this wiki article are provided as a reference to assist customers and manufacturing houses in customizing the reflow profile to specific hardware for the package type indicated. Therefore, the information provided is not considered a final reflow profile.
- AM335x Pinmux Utility: The PinMux Utility v22.214.171.124 is a Windows-based software tool that provides a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for configuring pin multiplexing settings, resolving conflicts and specifying I/O cell characteristics for TI ARM Microprocessors. Results are output as C header files. The PinMux utility software discussed in this article can be downloaded at: http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/pinmuxtool.html.
- AM335x Power Consumption Summary: The AM335x Power Numbers discusses the power consumption for common system application usage scenarios for the AM335x ARM® Cortex™-A8 Microprocessors (MPUs). Power consumption is highly dependent on the individual user’s application; however, this document focuses on providing several AM335x application-usage case scenarios and the environment settings that were used to perform such power measurements.
- AM335x Power Estimation Tool: The Power Estimation Tool (PET) provides users the ability to gain insight in to the power consumption of select Sitara processors. The tool includes the ability for the user to choose multiple application scenarios and understand the power consumption as well as how advanced power saving techniques can be applied to further reduce overall power consumption.
- AM335x Power Solutions
- TPS65217 User’s Guide for AM335x Processors (SLVU551)
- TPS65910A User's Guide For AM335x Processors (SWCU093)
- Powering the AM335x With the TPS650250 (SLVU731A)
Software Design Guide
- AM335x Software Design Guide: The AM335x software design guide helps walk developers through the various stages of designing software for this set of devices. This article outlines a software design timeline and provides a collection of useful documentation, application reports, and design recommendations pertaining to each stage of the timeline. Using this article, software designers can efficiently locate the resources they need at each stage in the software development process.
Software Development Kits
- AM335x Linux SDK Startup Guide
- AM335x Android Startup Guide
- SitaraWare for AM335x
- AM335x SYSBIOS Industrial SDK Startup Guide
Processor and Co-Processor Benchmarks
- ARM Up to 1.9 Dhrystone DMIPS/MHz
- 3D Graphics up to 20 Mpolygon/sec
You can get help from the experts at TI by posting your questions to the AM335x Forum at:
Development and Reference Designs
EVM & Development Boards
- Beagle bone
- Starter Kit
- General Purpose (GP) EVM
- Industrial Development(IA) EVM
- Industrial Communication Engine [ICE]
- Embest DevKit8600
- Embest SBC8600B
- MYIR MYD-AM335X Development Board
- MYIR MYD-AM335X-Y Development Board
- MYIR MYD-AM335X-J Development Board
- MYIR MYC-AM335X CPU Module
- MYIR MCC-AM335X-Y CPU Module
- MYIR MCC-AM335X-J CPU Module
- MYIR MY-EVC5100S-HMI Display Panel