NOTICE: The Processors Wiki will End-of-Life in December of 2020. It is recommended to download any files or other content you may need that are hosted on processors.wiki.ti.com. The site is now set to read only.
Digtal Video Test Bench
Using the Digital Video Test Bench (DVTB)
The Digital Video Test Bench (DVTB) is a Linux utility that was developed to execute end-to-end data flows using the DVSDK for any platform. DVTB uses the Codec Engine VISA APIs and Linux driver peripheral APIs to encode and decode video, image, audio and speech streams.
Using DVTB, you can configure codecs and/or peripherals before starting a data flow. This enables you to try different use case scenarios and evaluate the system.
The DVSDK installation places DVTB in the /home/useracct/dvsdk_#_#/dvtb_#_#_# directory, where #_#_# is the DVTB version number.
To install DVTB to the target file system, perform the following steps on the host machine where the DVSDK has been installed:
- Make sure the Rules.make file defines PLATFORM correctly.
- Perform the following commands, where your <platform> may be dm365, omap3530, or some other platform name:
host $ cd /home/<useracct>/dvsdk_#_#/dvtb_#_#_'''# host $ make clean CONFIGPKG=<platform> host $ make CONFIGPKG=<platform>
- Copy the binaries "dvtb-d" and "dvtb-r" to /opt/dvsdk/<platform> on the device's target filesystem and run it there. It must be in the same directory as the DSP executables.
For further details on the DVTB, see the following documents:
- Release Notes. /home/<useracct>/dvsdk_#_#/dvtb_#_#_#/docs/dvtb_release_notes.pdf
- User Guide. /home/<useracct>/dvsdk_#_#/dvtb_#_#_#/docs/dvtb_user_guide.pdf