Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
GSG: DVSDK for Windows CE Software Setup
^ Up to Overview of DVSDK for Windows CE
- 1 Downloading software
- 2 Installing the software
- 2.1 Installing the Windows Embedded CE software
- 2.2 Installing TI Code Generation Tools
- 2.3 Installing DSP/BIOS
- 2.4 Installing XDCtools
- 2.5 Installing ActivePerl
- 2.6 Installing the Board Support Package (BSP)
- 2.7 Installing the DVSDK software
- 2.8 Integrating DVSDK with the WinCE OMAP3530 Board Support Package
- 2.9 What next?
This page describes step by step instructions for setting up DVSDK for Windows CE 6.0 R3.
Important Note: The OMAP3 and AM/DM37x EVMs from Mistral Solutions come with instructions to set up DVSDK software for Linux. You should ignore these instructions. Instead, use the following instructions foto set up DVSDK under Windows CE.
You need to download the following software components before you begin installing:
- Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 You can order this from Microsoft at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/embedded/aa731407.aspx
- OMAP35xx/DM37xx BSP for WinCE 6.0 R3 from http://software-dl.ti.com/sdoemb/sdoemb_public_sw/wince_sdk/latest_1_x/index_FDS.html - Look for "BSP Source"
- OMAP35x WinCE DVSDK package from http://software-dl.ti.com/sdoemb/sdoemb_public_sw/wince_sdk/latest_1_x/index_FDS.html - Look for "DVSDK"
The DVSDK for WinCE package comes with pre-built binaries. If you plan to recompile any of the software components delivered with DVSDK, you will need to download the following packages as well (refer to the release notes in the DVSDK installation package for exact tools versions used):
- Texas Instruments XDCtools version 3.16.01.27 You can download XDCtools from http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_sb/targetcontent/rtsc/3_16_01_27/index_FDS.html.Versions of the XDCtools later than 3.16.01.27 may work, but have not yet undergone validation testing for use with DVSDK 1.10 for Windows CE.
- Texas Instruments C6000 Code Generation Tools 6.1.9 for Windows You can download this from https://www-a.ti.com/downloads/sds_support/CodeGenerationTools.htm. Versions of the Code Generation Tools later than 6.1.9 may work, but have not yet undergone validation testing for use with DVSDK 1.10 for Windows CE.
- Texas Instruments DSP/BIOS version 5.41.00.06 You can download DSP/BIOS from http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_sb/targetcontent/bios/dspbios/5_41_00_06/index_FDS.html. Versions of the DSP/BIOS later than 5.41.00.06 may work, but have not yet undergone validation testing for use with the DVSDK 1.10 for Windows CE
- ActivePerl 5.10 You can download this from http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads. Versions of ActivePerl later than 5.10 may work but has not been verified.
Installing the software
Installing the Windows Embedded CE software
You must install the following software prior to installing the OMA35xx WinCE BSP. Note that the software must be installed in the order listed. Contact Microsoft for more information about the listed software and known issues with the installation process:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 version 8.0.50727.762 (SP.050727-7600) -ENU Service Pack 1 (KB926601)
- Platform Builder
- Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Platform Builder
- Windows Embedded CE 6.0 SP1
- Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2
- Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3
- Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 updates (upto May 2010)
- Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Platform Builder
If you do not already have this software, you can obtain evaluation versions from Microsoft at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/embedded/aa731407.aspx.
Installing TI Code Generation Tools
Run the ti_cgt_c6000_6.1.9_setup_win32.exe file that you downloaded and answer the prompts within the installer. CAUTION: Instead of the default installation path, install TI Code Generation tools in a directory that has no spaces in the path else some component builds may fail.
Run the bios_setupwin32_5_41_00_06.exe file that you downloaded and answer the prompts within the installer.
Run the xdctools_setupwin32_3_16_01_27.exe file that you downloaded and answer the prompts within the installer. CAUTION: Instead of the default installation path, install XDCtools in a directory that has no spaces in the path else some component builds may fail.
Follow the installation instruction from the downloaded ActivePerl package
Installing the Board Support Package (BSP)
Follow the procedures in ARM A8 WinCE BSP User Guide to set up the BSP and the WinCE build environment required to build DVSDK.
Installing the DVSDK software
To install the OMAP35xx WinCE DVSDK software, follow these steps:
- Run the DVSDK installer dvsdk_wince_1_10_00_xx_setup.exe and install DVSDK 1.10 in the C:\WINCE600\3rdParty folder assuming Windows CE 6.0 is installed in the C:\WINCE600 directory. This will also set up the DVSDK_INSTALL_DIR to point to C:\WINCE600\3rdParty\dvsdk_1_10_00_xx.
- If installing in a different directory, you must manually copy the contents of the %DVSDK_INSTALL_DIR%\Catalog folder to C:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\EVM_OMAP3530\CATALOG. Also, you will need to make sure when using BSP default OS-design, the OS-design is pointing to the DVSDK subproject from this new location. When using your custom sub-project, follow the steps as mentioned in the next section.
- You need to manually edit the file %DVSDK_INSTALL_DIR%\setpaths.bat and modify a few environment variables located at the top to point to where the corresponding tools are installed in your environment, as shown in the example below
REM DSP BIOS installation path. set BIOS_INSTALL_DIR= set BIOS_INSTALL_DIR=C:\CCStudio_v3.3\bios_5_41_00_06 REM DSP Code generation tool path set CODEGEN_INSTALL_DIR= set CODEGEN_INSTALL_DIR=C:\TITOOLS\CGTools_6_1_9 REM Installation directory of XDCTOOLS set XDC_INSTALL_DIR= set XDC_INSTALL_DIR=C:\TITOOLS\xdctools_3_16_01_27 REM Perl path set BASE_PERL= set BASE_PERL=c:\perl
- ATTENTION:Cygwin tools have been known to interfere with building the DVSDK source. We recommend that you install DVSDK on a machine where Cygwin is not installed.
Integrating DVSDK with the WinCE OMAP3530 Board Support Package
- Run Visual Studio 2005 and open the OS Design solution for the OMAP3530 EVM (typically C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\EVM_3530\EVM_3530.sln).
- Select the EVM_OMAP3530_ARMV4I Release configuration
- In the Solution Explorer window, add %DVSDK_INSTALL_DIR%\dvsdk.pbpxml as a sub-project.
- In the Catalog Items View, expand the Third Party/Texas Instruments/Multimedia Framework tree and enable the following catalog items:
MMF:TI:C6ACCEL MMF:TI:CMEM MMF:TI:CS MMF:TI:DMAISampApps MMF:TI:DSPLINK
- Still in the Catalog Items View, expand the Third Party/Texas Instruments/Multimedia Framework/DirectShow filters tree and enable the following catalog items:
MMF:TI:AAC_DECODE_FILTER MMF:TI:AAC_PARSER_FILTER MMF:TI:H264_DECODE_FILTER MMF:TI:H264_ENCODE_FILTER MMF:TI:MP4_3GPP_DEMUX_FILTER MMF:TI:MPEG2_DECODE_FILTER MMF:TI:MPEG4_DECODE_FILTER MMF:TI:MPEG4_ENCODE_FILTER MMF:TI:TIMM
- Go to Build->Advanced Build Commands->Build BSP and Subprojects to compile the DVSDK subproject along with the BSP. If you already have the BSP compiled, you can use the subproject menu to build the DVSDK subproject alone.
By default, many DVSDK source components (CMEM, DSPLINK, Codec server, DMAI, DSHOW & C6ACCEL) are set to be rebuilt. If it is desired not to build a specific component, edit the file setbuild.bat and set the appropriate BUILD_XXX variable to 0. For example, if DSHOW is not to be rebuilt, set BUILD_DSHOW to 0 in setbuild.bat.
Some components such as DSPLINK will always build after cleaning, whereas other components such as DSHOW and C6ACCEL must be explicitly configured to be rebuilt clean. For example, setting CLEAN_DSHOW=1 cleans the DSHOW project before rebuilding.
All the build variables in setbuild.bat that control the building of various DVSDK components are shown below:
set BUILD_CMEM=0 set BUILD_DSPLINK=0 set BUILD_CODECSERVER=0 set BUILD_DMAI=0 set CLEAN_DSHOW=0 set BUILD_DSHOW=0 set CLEAN_C6ACCEL=0 set BUILD_C6ACCEL=0
- When the build is done, all the DVSDK binaries are copied to the flat release folder.
To begin running demo applications, go to the GSG: OMAP35xx WinCE DVSDK Running the Demos topic.