Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
How to test USB wifi
Please follow the steps below for this.
- Download the DWA-125 driver from ralink website.
- Untar the driver
- $ vi Makefile and do below changes
* Enable "PLATFORM = DM6446" If your platform is not mentioned there. Usually DM6446 can be enabled for all TI platforms. * Set linux source path at "LINUX_SRC" for chosen platform * Set compile tool chain detail for chosen platform.
- $ vi os/linux/config.mk
* Export CFLAGS for chosen platform. We added "EXTRA_CFLAGS := $(WFLAGS) -I$(RT28xx_DIR)/include -I$(LINUX_SRC)/include" for DM6446. * Enable "HAS_WPA_SUPPLICANT=y" * Enable "HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT=y"
- Enable below config in linux kernel tree and compile the kernel first.
You can just enable CONFIG_USB_ZD1201 at Drivers->Network driver->Wireless-> and that will enable all below.
* CONFIG_WIRELESS=y * CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXT=y * CONFIG_WEXT_PRIV=y * CONFIG_WLAN=y
- Do a make to build ralink module
* $ make * Should see rt3070sta.ko
Setting up a WiFi router
* Assign a SSID to WiFi router * Choose OPEN and encryption mode as NONE
Testing DWA-125 module
* insmod rt3070rta.ko * ifconfig ra0 up * ./iwlist ra0 scan /* it should shop up the WiFi network */ * ./iwpriv ra0 set AuthMode=OPEN * ./iwpriv ra0 set EncrypType=NONE * ./iwpriv ra0 set SSID="SSID name of WiFi network" * either run dhcp to get new ip address OR use statically defined ip address if dhcp is disabled in router setting. * run tftp server on a laptop which is also connected to same WiFi network. * Transfer files from target board to PC using tftp command.