Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
JTAG Emulator Options for Hercules
Most of the TMS570LS and RM4x Series (Cortex R4F CPU) Microcontroller based boards have an on board XDS100v2 emulator which can be used for JTAG connectivity to enable debug and flash programming. This can be used for evaluation purposes. Some supported emulators, as listed below, will provide faster JTAG connectivity compared to the XDS100v2. Newer Hercules Launchpads come with the XDS110 emulator which offers a higher performance than the XDS100v2 emulator at a comparable low price.
- XDS100v2 (Low Cost) (multiple vendors):
- XDS200 (Low Cost) (multiple vendors):
- Spectrum Digital XDS510USB Plus (High End - USB):
- XDS560v2 (multiple vendors - USB and LAN options):
- Trace (multiple vendors):
- Some Hercules device do have ETM trace functionality, a parallel ETM/TPIU trace receiver is needed for this functionality, e.g.:
- XDS560v2 Pro Trace