NOTICE: The Processors Wiki will End-of-Life in December of 2020. It is recommended to download any files or other content you may need that are hosted on processors.wiki.ti.com. The site is now set to read only.
Quick Start Guide StarterWare 01.00.XX.XX (supports AM1808)
StarterWare is a free software development package that provides no-OS platform support for AM1808. StarterWare includes Device Abstraction Layer (DAL) libraries and example applications that demonstrate the capabilities of the peripherals AM1808.
This page provides information to help developers quickly get up and running with StarterWare. This includes links to download StarterWare and other useful software, as well as instructions to flash and boot to any of the StarterWare example applications.
You can download the latest release of StarterWare for AM1808 from the following URL:
The following software tools are used by StarterWare or some of its components:
- Code Composer Studio IDE (v5.0.3 or later)
- Code Sourcery G++ Lite (v2009q1 arm-none-eabi)
- .NET Framework or Mono
Flashing an Application
The StarterWare package includes pre-built binaries for all libraries and example applications. To flash one of the applications to your EVM and boot it, use the following procedure.
- Locate the application executable file (*.out). This file is located in the binary folder according to its target CPU, toolchain, device, platform, and build profile. For example, an executable for the "demo" application can be found at the following location:
- Convert the application executable into a binary format suitable for boot. You can use the out2rprc utility located in the tools folder:
$> out2rprc.exe [application].out [application].bin
- Create an AIS file from the StarterWare bootloader utility
- The AISgen tool is also located in the tools folder
- Important: in the AISgen GUI, be sure to select "SPI0 Flash" boot mode
- Use the SFH utility (also located in the tools folder) to flash your bootloader AIS and application binary file to the EVM. The command line usage is as follows:
$> sfh_OMAP-L138.exe -flash [bootloader].ais [application].bin
- Set the EVM boot switches to SPI flash boot mode
- Power cycle the board
For more information, please continue on to the full Getting Started Guide.