NOTICE: The Processors Wiki will End-of-Life in December of 2020. It is recommended to download any files or other content you may need that are hosted on processors.wiki.ti.com. The site is now set to read only.
System Analyzer Tutorials (CCSv5)
System Analyzer Tutorials
These tutorials introduce the basics of the System Analyzer and the Unified Instrumentation Architecture (UIA) target content package. Each tutorial is based on a project that you can build and run in CCS, either on a simulator or on an emulation target.
Except where otherwise noted, these tutorials can be used with any C6000 or ARM Cortex M3 device or simulator.
Before starting the tutorials, you should have done the following:
- Installed Code Composer Studio v5.0.3.00007 or later. CCSv5.1.0 or later is strongly recommended.
- You can find out which version of CCS you have installed by opening Help / About Code Composer Studio.
- On some older releases of CCS, the About box version is based on a build date (e.g. N20110110900). In these cases, the CCS version and build number can usually be determined by the name of the ccsv5\ccs_base folder. E.g. ccsv5\ccs_base_5.0.3.00009 indicates that CCSv5.0.3.00009 is installed.
- You can download the latest version of CCS from here.
- Please see http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Multicore_System_Analyzer#Known_Issues.2FErrata for any known issues that may require additional steps to work around.
- Learned how to use Code Composer Studio to create, build, run, and test a program.
- For example, you should be able to launch and step through a program.
- The CCSv5 Getting Started guide is available at http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/CCSv5_Getting_Started_Guide .
- More information on CCSv5 is available at http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Category:Code_Composer_Studio_v5
- Installed System Analyzer.
- Please see http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Multicore_System_Analyzer#Installation for details
- Project builds cleanly, System Analyzer starts normally, but no events are captured.
- For other Errata that may impact the ability to run these tutorials please see Known Issues & Errata
Tutorials for older versions of UIA
Note: Multicore System Analyzer (MCSA) was renamed "System Analyzer" in CCSv5.1 to reflect the fact that it supports single core devices as well as multicore devices. In versions of the UIA up to and including UIA_1_00_01_17, the UIA Tutorial projects used a prefix of "mcsa" in some of their file names. In later releases, these files have been renamed to use "systemAnalyzer" as a prefix.
If you are using UIA_1_00_01_17 or earlier, please click here to view the appropriate versions of the Tutorials.