Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
The XDS510-class are JTAG Debug Probes. This class of Debug Probe supports both the standard IEEE1149.1 and the legacy MPSD standard and is available in both USB and LPT (printer port/parallel port) host interfaces. Legacy versions used the 16-bit ISA Bus.
This class of Debug Probes is mostly suitable to be used with TI DSPs (C3x, C4x, F24x, F28x, C54x, C55x, C60x, C61x, C671x, C672x) and early ARM devices (ARM7 TMS470, OMAP).
- For the newer devices, its use is discouraged in favor of the newer Debug Probe classes: the high performance XDS560v2 and the lower cost variants XDS200, XDS110 and XDS100.
XDS510 products are no longer available from TI but a few partners still sell them. Check the section Part Numbers below.
- For information about JTAG headers, please read the topic JTAG Connectors.
- For higher performance and capabilities please see XDS560v2.
- For lower priced products, please consider XDS200, XDS110 or XDS100
- For debugging issues with JTAG, you may want to check the topic Debugging JTAG Connectivity Problems or Debugging JTAG Connectivity Problems legacy.
Note: as of 6/24/2010, RTDX and HS-RTDX are no longer supported. Alternative transports should be considered for the acquision of data, such as serial ports and ethernet. If you are currently using the technology and have no issues, there is no need to change but no support is provided.
Very few manufacturers still manufacture XDS510-class Debug Probes. A list of the current models is shown below for convenience, but always check the availability, support and device compatibility with the manufacturer before purchasing.
- Sauris SAU-XDS510-USB Lite
- Spectrum Digital C2000 XDS510LC
- Spectrum Digital XDS510USB
- Spectrum Digital XDS510USB Plus
- Spectrum Digital XDS510 Galvanic
- Spectrum Digital XDS510PP Plus JTAG
- Spectrum Digital XDS510PP Plus JTAG for TMS320VC33/C4x with Code Composer Studio
Q: My JTAG is not working with CCS...
- A: Please check: Debugging JTAG Connectivity Problems
Q: I am a TI 3rd party, and I want to create my own XDS510. What do I do?
- A: Approved, TI 3rd parties can purchase an Emulation Porting Kit