Please note as of Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki has been set to read only. If you are a TI Employee and require Edit ability please contact x0211426 from the company directory.
XDS GDB Agent GUI
XDS GDB Agent GUI was removed from later versions of the emupack. This page is only available for reference purposes.
Launch the XDS GDB Agent GUI Server
Perform the following steps to launch and configure the XDS GDB Agent GUI. You can invoke the XDS GDB Agent in a GUI or console mode.
- The XDS GDB Agent is found in the folder where the EMUPack is installed. If EMUPack is installed in the default directory, it can be found in the folder ‘C:/ti/ccsv6/ccs_base/common/uscif’.
- Launch the XDS GDB Agent GUI: gdb_agent_gui.exe.
- Press the ‘Configure’ button and select the board configuration .dat file for your target. Please see section below for the instructions to generate a board .dat file for your target
- Press the ‘Start’ button. The GDB server agent is now started
- The 'Targets' combo box list all the available cores for debugging. When a specific target core is selected, corresponding port number is shown just below the combo box.
Launching multiple instances of the XDS GDB Agent server
If you intend to connect to multiple target devices via different JTAG debuggers, launching multiple instances of the XDS GDB Agent GUI server is required.
However, to uniquely identify each instance the TCP port number must be changed. This is accomplished by the environment variable GDB_AGENT_INIT_PORT
Therefore to be able to run two instances of the GDB agent you can open a DOS command line and run the following:
- C:\ti\ccsv6\ccs_base\common\uscif>set GDB_AGENT_INIT_PORT=56000
Which will yield the following scenario after running each instance, configuring each target and connecting to each one via GDB: (click to expand)